For the popular Raspberry Pi, check our page on compatible devices here.
Outside of some standard device classes (USB Hubs, USB HID, USB Mass Storage), many things are possible on Linux, but are often for advanced users only. In particular, anything related to graphics has a history of frequent change.
We provide some generic information below, but will also attempt to list specific Linux-based platforms where certain of our devices are particularly useful.
Our products that are compatible with Linux
- Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 Dual 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock
Insert 2.5″ SATA hard disk or solid state drives into the interchangeable Plugable Storage System docks and connect with any USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 Computer, or use the standalone disk cloning function of the PSS-DD1. Supports connecting via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 — up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0. Each unit is ...
- Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock Plus 3x 1A USB Charging Ports
Insert 2.5″ SATA hard disk or solid state drives into the interchangeable Plugable Storage System docks and connect with any PC with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, or charge USB devices. Supports connecting via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 — up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0. Each unit is backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1, ...
- Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock and USB 3.0 Hub (with 12V 2.5A Adapter; ASMedia SATA controller)
Insert 2.5″ SATA hard drive or solid state drives into the interchangeable Plugable Storage System docks and connect with any USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 Computer. Supports connecting via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 — up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0. Each unit is backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1, and includes a protective case ...
- Plugable USB3-CARD6A Aluminum SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Six Slot Memory Card Reader (Including UDMA CF and UHS-I SD, SDXC, SDHC, MicroSD)
USB 3.0 media card reader offers drastically improved connection speeds compared to older USB 2.0 card readers. Attractive, durable brushed aluminum finish supports most common media card types: CF, SD, SDXC, SDHC, MicroSD, XD, MemoryStick, MMC, M2. Flashing activity LED indicates file transfer in process. USB Bus Powered: no external AC power supply required.
- Plugable USB3-SATA-UASP1 USB 3.0/2.0 SATA Lay Flat Docking Station (ASMedia 1053e Chipset)
Universal hard disk or solid state drive docking station supports latest UASP high speed transfer protocol and large “Advanced Format” drives. Minimize time spent waiting for backups and in data recovery scenarios with USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connection to PC- also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 systems. Supports both 2.5″ and 3.5″ drives.
- Plugable USB2-Micro-200X USB Microscope with up to 200X Digital Magnification
See amazing detail on any Windows or Mac PC with USB 2.0 ports with the Plugable USB Microscope. A fun, unique, and educational gift idea, the USB2-Micro-200X features optical zoom from 1x-50x, and Digital Zoom up to 200x. 8 Leds with dimmer for fine tuning illumination enable shooting in the dark, and MicroCapture ...
- Plugable USB-EZK-G Kids USB Keyboard
Sturdy, bright and easy to use design that works with any system supporting USB keyboards. Just plug in the USB cord and your keyboard is ready to use. Works with any version of Windows, Mac, Linux or other systems supporting USB HID keyboards.
- Plugable USB2-CARDRAM3 Flash Memory Card Reader for Tablets, Windows, Mac, Linux (SD, SDHC, SDXC, Micro SD, and MS, MS Pro, MS Duo, MS ProDuo, HS MS, MMC, RS-MMC Card Types)
Portable USB 2.0 Multi-Card reader supports SD, SDHC, mini SD, Micro SD (t-Flash), MS, MS Pro, MS Duo, MS Pro Duo, HS MS, MMC, RS-MMC and supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X, Linux.
- Plugable USB3-HUB7-81X Seven-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Four-Amp Power Adapter (VIA VL812 chipset)
USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 7 port powered hub (4amp power supply). Compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices, features the latest VIA VL812 USB 3.0 hub chipset, updated with the latest firmware for maximum compatibility and performance on both Windows and OS X.
- Plugable USB-BT4LE Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter for Windows and Linux PCs
USB 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 LE adapter. Upgrades Bluetooth® support for Windows® XP and later, or Linux PCs and Raspberry Pi. Extremely compact USB adapter. Safe to leave in for laptop travel. Supports Bluetooth keyboards, mice, headsets, and more with no software installation, driver installation required to add support for Bluetooth stereo headsets ...
- Plugable Basic USB Keyboard and Mouse Bundle (Extra Long Cables)
Slim, attractive and sturdy matching black keyboard and high-definition optical mouse that work with any system supporting USB keyboards and mice. Just plug in the USB cords and your keyboard and mouse are ready to use. Works with any version of Windows, Mac, Linux or other systems supporting USB HID keyboards and mice.
- Plugable UD-160-M USB Thin Client for Multiseat Linux and Windows Multipoint Server
Enables many users to share a single computer – up to 14 thin clients for Windows; 7 for Linux. Connects via USB 2.0 (not via network), so it’s fully plug and play, low power, and low latency. Works with Windows Multipoint Server 2012, 2011, certain Linux distros such as Fedora 18, USB multiseat ...
- Plugable USB2-5M Five-Meter (16-Foot) USB 2.0 Active Extension Cable Type A Male to A Female
Connect a USB device up to five meters from a USB port. Cable’s active repeater and premium shielding help ensure efficient data transfer via standard USB type-A male to type-A female connectors. Great for USB printers, speakers, scanners, displays, keyboards, etc. Use with your PS3 DualShock controller to play and charge at ...
- Plugable USB 2.0 Sharing Switch
Want to share USB devices between 2 computers with the press of a button? The Plugable USB 2.0 Sharing Switch is the ideal soulution for sharing USB devices such as hubs, printers, pen and external drives, scanners, etc. (one computer has access to the shared device at a time). Requires no drivers and works with ...
- Plugable USB2-HUB4BC 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub with BC 1.1 Fast Charging
USB 2.0 4-port hub with premium 2.5 A power supply charges BC 1.1 compliant devices at up to 3x normal rate (1.5A) also charges non-BC 1.1 devices at USB 2.0 standard rate: 500mA with PC on. See below for our current list of BC 1.1 compatible devices.
- Plugable USB3-HUB81X4 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub (4A Power Adapter and VL811 chipset)
4-Port USB 3.0 powered hub (also backward compatible with all USB 2.0 hosts and devices). Simple, clean port layout (all ports on two sides) to avoid desktop clutter, includes 4A power adapter for full support of USB 3.0′s higher available 900mA per port power specification. Firmware upgradable VIA 81X hub controller for maximum ...
- Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port Hub
Turn one USB port into two with the Plugable USB2-2PORT. USB 2.0 complaint USB hub controller chipset is compatible with all USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices and supports data rates of 1.5/12/480 Mbps. USB bus powered for compact, in-line design to minimize cable clutte.
- Plugable DC-125 USB 2.0 Zero Client
Connect many to a central PC to enable multiple users to share a computer (compatible multiseat OS required, not included). Standard VGA/D-Sub port supporting modes up to 1280×1024 / 1440×900, 3.5mm audio in/out, 2 USB. USB bus powered. 2 available USB ports powered for standard USB keyboard and mouse only (no high power devices). Includes ...
- Plugable USB2-10M 10 Meter (32 Foot) USB 2.0 Active Extension Cable Type A Male to A Female
USB active repeater with premium 10m/32ft cable offers twice the cable length of standard USB extensions. Standard USB Type A male to type A female connectors enable connecting remote USB printers, speakers, scanners, displays, keyboards, etc. Not recommended for USB 2.0 video cameras or audio devices using isoch transfer protocols.
- Plugable USB2-E100 USB 2.0 10/100 Ethernet Adapter (ASIX AX88772 Chipset)
Add a wired network connection to your Windows, Mac, or Linux system via USB 2.0/1.1. Widely compatible AX88772 chipset has built-in driver on all Google Chromebook systems running latest updates (Chrome OS), also compatible with all Wii and Wii U consoles. Powered through the USB connection; no power cord needed.
- Plugable USB2-HUB-AG7 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub With 3A Power Adapter
Need more USB ports, or a hub to power your Raspberry Pi? Expand your connectivity with this 7 port USB 2.0 hub. Features a 3A AC adapter to support even the most power-hungry USB 2.0 devices and easy to diagnose connectivity thanks to separate LEDs for hub power and each attached USB device.
- Plugable USB2-HUB10S 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub (with 2.5A Power Adapter)
Simple and clean design with ports on only two sides to minimize clutter. Two ports swivel to vertical position for easy access to flash drives. USB 2.0 high-speed interface to PC with 10 downstream ports with data rates up to 480Mbps. Terminus Technology chip set includes over-current detection and protection.
- Plugable PCI Express to SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Two-Port Expansion Card
Upgrade any Windows-based desktop to Super Speed USB 3.0 REQUIRES: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or later, one free standard or low profile PCIe x1 slot. SPEED: Theoretical maximum speed of USB 3.0 is 5Gbs and PCI-e 1x is 4Gbs.
- Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Chipset)
Allow any PC to connect to serial devices and programs that communicate through COM ports. PL-2303HX Rev D Chipset for high performance and compatibility across Windows, Mac, Linux, and other platforms. Powered by USB – no external power needed.
- Plugable USB2-E1000 USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter
Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter- drivers for Windows 7, Vista, XP, and Mac OS X 10.8-10.5, and Linux (built into kernel 3.2 and above).
- Plugable USB3-SATA-U3 USB 3.0/2.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station (ASMedia 1051E Chipset)
Universal hard or solid state drive docking station supports latest UASP high speed transfer protocol and large “Advanced Format” drives. Minimize time spent waiting for backups and in data recovery scenarios with USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connection to PC- also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 systems. Supports both 2.5″ and 3.5″ drives.
Recent posts with additional information
- Using the Plugable USB-BT4LE Bluetooth Adapter with the Raspberry Pi Using a Bluetooth adapter with your Raspberry Pi opens up a whole new world of possibilities. You can connect a Bluetooth keyboard a mouse, send music to Bluetooth headphones or music receiver, or delve into the exciting world of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) applications. The best part is that it is really easy. If you are ...
- A better way to store all that data Checkout the full line of products for Plugable Storage System More of us are juggling several devices. And our new, smaller computers are coming with smaller drives (like the 128GB drive size on the Apple Macbook Air and Microsoft Surface Pro). So if you’re someone who manages a lot of data – photos, music, movies, backups, ...
- Plugable’s new Gigabit USB 3.0 Network adapter Focusing on performance, power efficiency, and cross-platform support, Plugable is pleased to announce the availability of our USB3-E1000 Gigabit Ethernet adapter! A must have for any frequent traveler with a Apple MacBook or a Windows based UltraBook lacking a built-in ethernet port, the USB3-E1000 is designed to fit easily in a travel case with no removable ...
- Fedora 18 and DisplayLink USB 2.0 Graphics Adapters With the recent release of Fedora 18, we have been testing the many changes and improvements to the DisplayLink software stack that have landed for this latest version of the popular open-source distribution. A large amount of work has gone into improving functionality and ease of use with DisplayLink USB Graphics devices. Most of these ...
- Raspberry Pi and Plugable Devices We recently received a Raspberry Pi at the Plugable offices and we have been using it to test how our various devices interact with it. The Raspberry Pi has 2 USB 2.0 Ports, and no USB 3.0 ports, so our testing was focused on USB 2.0 devices and a couple USB 3.0 storage devices. All of ...