- “I extremely recommend this hub for both sexy looks and cheap price for a 10 port hub” HawkEye
- “I’ll keep it short … don’t waste your time with any other USB hub. This is the one! It works and even has a slick look!” – Steve00
- “Easy installation that even a caveman could do it… It’s the best multi port USB hub I’ve found” – John C.
- Simple and clean design with ports on only two sides to minimize clutter. Two ports swivel to vertical position
- USB 2.0 high-speed interface. 10 downstream ports with data rates up to 480Mbps
- 2.5A Power Adapter. Terminus Technology Chipset. Overcurrent detection and protection
- Not a standalone charger. NOT FOR CHARGING iPad or devices requiring more than USB’s standard 500mA
- Easy plug and play installation. Works with Windows, Mac, Linux, XBOX, etc (no driver required)
Featuring a simple yet flexible design, the Plugable 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub provides easy expansion for any USB capable system. All upstream and downstream ports are on the front and back sides of the hub, minimizing desktop cable clutter. Two ports swivel to a vertical position to allow easy insertion of USB flash drives and other devices with one hand. Able to draw power and supply downstream devices from included 2.5A power adapter or 0.5A USB bus power. Blue LED bar lights when hub is bus or self-powered.
Cascaded Terminus Technology chipsets support efficient data transfers for maximum performance across all devices with minimal power draw. Supports Multiple Transaction Translators for optimum performance when a combination of USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices are attached. Low power consumption is achived with 0.18um technology and declocking/depowering of unused ports and parts of chip not currently in use.
Not for charging iPad tablet or other devices with non-standard charging behavior. This is a standard USB 2.0 hub, requiring a host computer to be attached and on to charge devices at the USB 2.0 max 500mA rate. Charging with USB hubs is a complex issue. See our FAQs below for more information about likely charging behavior with your device(s).
Black Plugable 10-Port USB Hub, 2.5A Power Adapter with 70″ power cord, 40″ USB A to mini-B cable for connecting to PC.
Can the hub charge iPods/iPads and other smartphones?
It does not have special support for Apple proprietary charging, beyond the 500mA rate which is standard for USB 2.0. This means iPads will only trickle charge, and only when the iPad is turned off (if turned on, the iPad will report “Not Charging”). For iPods, iPhones, and other devices, it will charge only at the standard 500mA rate.
Can devices be charged without a PC attached (or when the PC is off)?
No. USB 2.0 requires device-host negotiation, before the full 500mA can be supplied. Without negotiation, the hub can and does supply some current (< 100mA), but it is not enough to charge most high-power devices.
Can the hub support 10 devices which use or charge at the full 500mA rate?
No. The hub comes with a 2.5 Amp AC adapter, which assumes a typical mix of high and low power USB devices will be used, consuming 250mA average. So for scenarios where the devices are known to need or use the maximum 500mA each (for example, wanting a charging station for 10 iPods), only 5 devices can be charged at the maximum rate.
When the hub’s power adapter is not connected, the hub is capable of running purely from bus power (from the host PC). This takes power from one USB port and shares it with all the devices that are connected. With many devices attached, this will likely not be enough for all attached devices, causing the first few devices to work and the rest of the devices to be disconnected from the host OS (and unfortunately, which ones will fail are unpredictable based on order of device start up). We recommend always using the power adapter for best results.
Does the power supply switch for different regions or is it tied to US voltage and frequency?
There are two versions of the hub available:
- On Amazon.com we sell the hub with a power adapter for US-style electrical outlets.
- On Amazon.co.uk we sell the hub with a power adapter with swappable prongs for UK- or EU-style electrical outlets.
In both cases, the switching power adapter with our 10 port hub supports inputs of 100-240V ~ 50/60 Hz 0.5A. Output to the hub is 5V 2.5A through a Center Positive coaxial barrel connector with OD-3.5mm and ID-1.3mm. You will not need a power converter as long as the input is within the given ranges.
What does the blue light mean?
The blue light indicates that the hub is receiving power. To test the AC power supply, connect the hub to only the AC adapter and nothing else. The blue light should be on, if it’s not there’s something wrong — contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Is there a way to turn off the blue LED bar on the hub?
No, the LED indicates that the device is powered.
Where to Buy
|Plugable USB 2.0 10 Port Hub (with Power Adapter and two flip-up easy access ports)||Product Details||$25.00|