Plugable’s new USB 2.0 Graphics Adapter is now available on Amazon.com.
The DisplayLink DL-195 chip inside this adapter is the best high-end chip out there for adding a display over USB. And because it pushes USB 2.0 and analog VGA to their limits, it isn’t likely to be beaten by any other chip in the USB 2.0 generation.
For this new adapter from Plugable, we wanted to offer that high-end choice, and also make sure that everything else about the adapter package itself meets or beats any alternative out there.
- The Plugable UGA-2K-A includes a DVI->HDMI adapter (in addition to the usual DVI->VGA adapter)
- The latest drivers are available on Windows Update and from displaylink.com
- Open source available, so there’ll be new software written for this device, even years from now
- Public problem reporting and support, so you can always get the full story about the product
- Amazon’s fast shipping and A-to-z guarantee on your purchase
In future posts, we’ll cover some of the cool things this device can do by enabling many displays on any PC (things like create the ultimate day-traders’ war-room, with many displays built around a single laptop).