This article is no longer relevant. Please see our firmware update page here.
Customers purchasing the USB3-SATA-UASP1 can take advantage of a firmware update with the following features:
- Improved support for 512e “Advanced Format” drives 2 TB and above.
- Spin down disks after 10 minutes of inactivity, resume on access.
- Spin down disks on system sleep, resume on system wake.
Firmware version 121026910000 avoids drive sleep and spin down to eliminate issues with inaccessible volumes, however customers may prefer the sleep features available on firmware 130107917d00. Almost all units of the USB3-SATA-UASP1 that have shipped to date already have this update applied. Only if you are noticing that your drives stay running after your system sleeps or during extended (over 10 minutes) periods of inactivity is this update relevant.
For OS X users, please note that a Windows PC or Virtual Machine (VM) is required to update- updating firmware on the USB3-SATA-UASP1 is not supported for OS X. Mac users can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangement if they are unable to access a friend, neighbor, or library Windows PC to complete this update. Again, please note that this update is only relevant if you are noticing that your drives stay running after your system sleeps or during extended (over 10 minutes) periods of inactivity.
To check the firmware version on your dock, just run the utility below:
To update the firmware on your USB3-SATA-UASP1, use the update utility and instructions below:
- Double click the “UASP1-130107.exe” update utility.
- If prompted by User Account Controls, select yes.
- Check to see that your U3 is listed by the update utility as pictured here, and press start:
- After upgrading verify that firmware version 130107917d00 is reported by the update utility.
Please let us know if you have questions or run into issues by posting below, or shoot an email to email@example.com.