Below are Plugable devices compatible with Windows 8:
- Plugable USB-C Docking Station with Power Delivery / Charging
Product DescriptionLearn more
Please see updated compatibility details regarding the Late 2016 MacBook Pro systems below.
Winner of PCMag.com Editors’ Choice, the Plugable UD-CA1 dramatically increases the functionality, usability, and flexibility of supported USB-C systems like the 2015 & 2016 12″ Retina MacBooks and Dell XPS 13 ...
- Plugable USB 3.0 to 2K HDMI Video Graphics Adapter with Audio for Multiple Monitors
- Highest performance USB graphics solution available. Combines both video and audio over a single USB cable and HDMI cable
- Connect multiple monitors with resolutions as high as 2560×1440 to Windows-based laptops or desktops (one adapter required per monitor)
- Connects to Windows PCs via SuperSpeed USB 3.0. USB bus powered ...
- Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station with DisplayLink USB Graphics, Alt Mode Video Output, and PD Charging
Please note that performance on Mac systems compared to performance on Windows systems will be less on the 2nd and 3rd attached displays (“2K” HDMI and DVI ports). For more information on Mac support see the latest updates from DisplayLink: http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/949426
Product DescriptionLearn more
USB 3.1 Type-C ...
- New Plugable Transfer Cable Performs up to Three Times Faster with USB 3.0
The Plugable USB 2.0 Windows transfer cable, our top-selling product for helping users migrate data between Windows PCs over USB, is now available in a new edition that combines the convenience and reliability of the current cable with much faster USB 3.0 speeds. In tests here ...
- Plugable USB Type-C Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Upgrading a USB Type-C Retina MacBook 12 (rMB) or Chromebook Pixel 2015 to wired gigabit speeds.
- Connecting to faster, more reliable wired networks to avoid reception issues with WiFi.
- Anyone with a USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter on a USB Type-C system interested in improving connection speeds.
- Sharing your internet connection to another device ...
- Restoring Lost Bluetooth Icon to Your Windows System Tray
The Bluetooth icon in the Windows system tray provides an easy way to connect and manage Bluetooth devices on your Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 computer, and many Bluetooth users rely on it. But an accidental click in the wrong place can cause you ...
- Windows 8.1 and the ASMedia USB 3.1 XHCI 1.1 Host Controller
A new stable version of the ASMedia USB 3.1 driver is now available. ASUS is not yet linking to this version from the motherboard support page so here is a direct download link: Version 188.8.131.52 from 2/12/2015.
When we heard ASUS had released the first commercially available USB 3.1 equipped ...
- Plugable USB 2.0 OTG Micro-B to 10/100 Ethernet Adapter Learn more
Plugable’s new USB 2.0 OTG Micro-B to 10/100 Network Adapter combines the compact external design and wide compatibility of our popular USB2-E100 adapter with a OTG Micro-B connector, making it the perfect choice for easy connection to tablets and smartphones that support the ASIX AX88772 chipset (see below for some compatible models). Its ...
- How to manually update your Windows Intel HD Graphics drivers
Fixing graphics driver issues sometimes requires a newer driver than is available from the system manufacturer or Windows Update. In these cases you might need the latest driver direct from the graphics chip maker (usually Intel, AMD, or Nvidia).
This post details the necessary steps to manually update your Intel HD Graphics drivers using Intel reference ...
- New DisplayLink Windows Driver Version 7.7 Leaves XP Behind
DisplayLink has released their new Windows driver version 7.7 M0. For most users, we’re recommending they stay on DisplayLink’s mature 7.6 M2 driver series for the time being, but this release does improve performance especially for 4K Ultra HD (up to 3840×2160) USB multi-monitor ...
- Plugable Launches Small, Durable USB to Audio Adapter for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chromebook Systems
The new Plugable USB Audio Adapter is a compact, effortless solution for adding an external audio interface to nearly any computer or tablet. The adapter has separate standard 3.5mm receptacles for stereo headphones and microphones. It lets you easily USB enable your favorite analog headset or headphones, so ...
- Plugable USB Audio Adapter
- Two 3.5mm premium audio input and output ports
- C-Media HS 100B Chip for widest compatibility
- Transform your existing 3.5 mm stereo headphones, headset, speakers, or microphone into a USB device
- Leave connected to a USB hub or dock for easy access
- Bypass a faulty sound card ...
- New Adapter from Plugable Technologies Enables 4K Ultra HD Monitors up to 3840×2160 on Nearly Any USB 3.0 Capable Windows 7 and Higher System
Ultra HD 4K monitors with resolutions up to 3840×2160 are starting to move into the mainstream. Many Windows-based tablets and laptops shipped in recent years don’t yet support this new generation of displays, and certainly don’t support connecting more than one of them to a Windows PC.
We’re excited to announce the Plugable UGA-4KDP USB ...
- Plugable USB 2.0 7-Port Hub with 60W Power Adapter
- Standard USB 2.0 7 Port Hub with 60W Power Adapter and support for the BC 1.2 charging standard
- Full compatibility with all USB 2.0/1.1 devices at highest native speeds (480/12/1.5 Mbps)
- No driver required on any platform: Works with all USB hosts and standard USB 2.0 hubs
- Fast Charging only with BC ...
- Plugable Launching Kickstarter for the Pro8 Docking Station with Charging for the Dell Venue 8 Pro on Wednesday, June 25th, 2014
Update: November 17th, 2014 – Now available on Amazon US and CA! See our product page for information and links to purchase.
Update: October 30th, 2014 – Take a look at our latest updates on Kickstarter.
Update: August 8th, 2014 – Where Can I Get One?
There has been a flood of inquiries to ...
- Plugable’s new USB “On The Go” MicroSD reader
A compact solution to access MicroSD cards from both standard and micro ports. Plugable’s new USB2-OTGTF is designed to make life easier for digital denizens by enabling access to a MicroSD card from as many devices as possible.
Just insert your microSD card as shown here, and connect to an available USB 2.0 “A” ...
- Plugable USB 2.0 MicroSD Card Reader for Phone, Laptop, and Tablet
Plugable’s USB2-OTGTF enables using a single MicroSD card on devices with both full-size USB and micro USB connectors. This allows users to swap a single storage device between a wide array of devices like most popular Android phones and tablets– even those lacking MicroSD slots like– as well as traditional notebook ...
- Plugable USB 3.0 Sharing SwitchLearn more
- Save desk space with slim design. Simple passive USB switch for maximum compatibility
- Easy to install with plug-and-play convenience. No drivers required for the switch itself
- 1 “A” Port for connecting any USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 device or hub which will be shared/switched
- 2 “B” Ports for connecting the ...
- Plugable USB 3.0 10-Port Hub with 48W Power Adapter
- Plugable USB 2.0 10-Port Hub with 20W Power Adapter
Watch the Product Video
- Flexible design with 6 front ports and 4 rear- including two BC 1.2 Standard compliant flip-up charging ports
- USB 2.0 high-speed interface, 10 downstream ports with data rates up to 480Mbps
- 20W Power Adapter shared by the 10 ports, assumes a mix of high and low power devices
- Easy plug-and-play installation (no driver required); works ...
- Using Microsoft Windows Easy Transfer Software for Upgrading to a Windows 7 or 8 Computer
Editor’s Note: For owners of the Plugable Windows Transfer Cable, we no longer recommend using the Microsoft Windows Easy Transfer Software mentioned in this post. Instead, we recommend using the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software that comes with the Plugable Windows Transfer cable. It works between all Windows versions XP and higher, both ...
- Troubleshooting the Plugable USB-BT4LE Bluetooth Adapter in Windows
Plugable’s USB-BT4LE Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter offers a wide range of possibilities for expanding the usefulness of your computer. You can listen through headphones, connect a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse, transfer photos from your smart phone, ...
- Easy Way to Use Bluetooth to Exchange Files with Your Phone in Windows – Fsquirt Guide
Exchanging files with your phone through Bluetooth in Windows 7 and above is not straightforward, and a number of users have contacted the Plugable support team looking for an easy way to do this. Fortunately, these versions of Windows come preinstalled with a program called “fsquirt” that fulfills this need. Here is how to use ...
- Plugable Launches Dual Display USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI and Ethernet Adapter for Windows (USB3-3900DHE)
With just a couple of display cables and an Ethernet cable, Plugable’s new USB3-3900DHE lets you turn your Windows tablet or laptop into a traveling productivity powerhouse.
Featuring a minimalist design that maximizes the functionality of the DisplayLink DL-3900 chip, the USB3-3900DHE is a perfect companion for any business ...
- Plugable USB Ethernet Adapters – Driver Updates with Windows 8.1 Upgrade
Q: What actions are needed for installing Plugable USB Ethernet adapters when upgrading to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8?
Note: these instructions only apply to traditional Intel/AMD based Windows, not Windows RT
A: When upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, if you have our USB2-E100, it is supported with no additional actions needed as Windows 8.1 ...
- New Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station (with Dual Monitor Support)
We’re excited to announce the launch of our newest UD-3900 USB 3.0 Universal Laptop / Tablet docking station, adding an additional HDMI port to our UD-3000 docking station, currently the #1 selling Laptop Docking Station on Amazon.com.
Using DisplayLink’s top-of-the-line DL-3900 chipset, this unit offers all the functionality the DisplayLink chip has to offer, plus the ...
- Windows 8.1 Preview – DisplayLink Drivers
Windows 8.1 offers some great improvements, and we’re already seeing users (particularly Surface Pro users) who are trying the preview.
The preview of Windows 8.1 just came out yesterday, and it’s important to note that it appears to break compatibility with some existing drivers. When you upgrade to 8.1, drivers are not migrated from 8.0, ...
- DisplayLink Releases New Windows Driver Version 7.2 M0
Yesterday DisplayLink released the latest driver v7.2 M0 for Windows. We’ve been testing it here at Plugable and so far the results are very positive. Among other things, we’re excited that it fixes a number of recent compatibility and performance issues found with Windows 8 Metro apps. We recommend downloading this driver version for all ...
- Understanding Large SATA Drive Compatibility
- USB3-SATA-U3 (ASMedia 1051e) Firmware Update
This article is no longer relevant. Please see our firmware update page here.
Plugable is pleased to announce that a firmware update for our USB3-SATA-U3 adding the following features is now available:
- Improved support for 512e “Advanced Format” drives.
- Spin down disks after 10 minutes of inactivity, resume on access.
- Spin down disks on system sleep, resume on ...
- Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 Dual 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock
Insert 2.5″ SATA hard disk or solid state drives into the interchangeable Plugable Storage System docks and connect with any USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 Computer, or use the standalone disk cloning function of the PSS-DD1. Supports connecting via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 — up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0. Each unit is ...
- Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock with 3-Port USB Charger
Insert 2.5″ SATA hard disk or solid state drives into the interchangeable Plugable Storage System docks and connect with any PC with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, or charge USB devices. Supports connecting via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 — up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0. Each unit is backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1, ...
- A better way to store all that data
Checkout the full line of products for Plugable Storage System
So if you’re someone ...
- Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock with USB 3.0 3-Port Hub
Insert 2.5″ SATA hard drive or solid state drives into the interchangeable Plugable Storage System docks and connect with any USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 Computer. Supports connecting via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 — up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0. Each unit is backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1, and includes a protective case ...
- Plugable’s new Gigabit USB 3.0 Network adapter
Focusing on performance, power efficiency, and cross-platform support, Plugable is pleased to announce the availability of our USB3-E1000 Gigabit Ethernet adapter!
A must have for any frequent traveler with a Apple MacBook or a Windows based UltraBook lacking a built-in Ethernet port, the ...
- Plugable USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Gigabit ethernet adapter (ASIX 88179 chip set) delivers fast, reliable performance on Windows, OS X, and Linux kernel 2.6 and later (compile required)- also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 systems.
- Plugable’s new USB “On The Go” MicroSD reader