Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock with USB 3.0 3-Port Hub
How To: Setting up a New Hard Drive or SSD in Your Plugable Docking Station
How To: Recovering Existing Hard Drive or SSD Data in Your Plugable Docking Station
- Insert 2.5″ SATA hard drives (I, II, or III) and connect with any USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 Computer
- Supports connecting via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 — up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0 (USB 3.0 cable in package)
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
- Comes with protective case for hard drives
- 12V/2.5A AC power adapter, power switch, and power/activity LED. Replacement power adapters can be bought here.
- Compatible with the entire Plugable Storage System line.
- Compatible with most host systems however not recommended for use with USB 3.0 PCI-e add-on cards for older Mac Pro systems because of limitations in their software support for USB 3.0 hubs.
- Setting up a New Hard Drive or SSD in Your Plugable Docking Station
- Recovering Existing Hard Drive or SSD Data in Your Plugable Docking Station
- Plugable Tech Tips: How to Partition and Format a New Hard Drive (or SSD)
- Using the Plugable Storage System
- A better way to store all that data
- Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock with USB 3.0 3-Port Hub
Battery charging over USB has become a standard practice but the actual charging behavior of different devices is often unpredictable and sometimes disappointing. The devices themselves decide how much current to draw and manufacturers haven’t settled on a single standard. We’ve been working to test our products with as many different devices as possible and publish the results so it’s easy to determine the charging behavior to expect from your device on each of our USB products. These are the results for the devices we’ve tested on the PSS-SDH1 so far.
Don’t see your device? We also have a list of customer supplied reports on other devices here:
Still don’t see your device? W’d love to hear your experience. Enter your charging results into our charging form and we’ll include it in our results data.
What is the Plugable Storage System?
The Plugable Storage System is a new line of interchangeable USB Hard Drive docks that feature an integrated USB 3.0 hub, dedicated charging ports or a standalone hard drive clone function. Each dock comes with cases that protect the drive while in use or in storage.
There’s no disk in the package – do I need to install any software?
There is no software to install. For both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, the Plugable PSS-SDH1 is able to use the standard USB Mass Storage class drivers provided by Windows XP and later, and all recent versions of Mac and Linux.
The PSS-SDH1 comes with the 3 Port USB 3.0 Hub and SATA dock unit, a USB 3.0 cable, one protective hard drive case, 110/220V AC power supply and User Manual.
Does the power supply switch for different regions or is it tied to US voltage and frequency?
The switching power adapter with our Plugable Storage System USB 3.0 2.5″ SATA Drive Dock and USB 3.0 Hub does indeed support international standard inputs of 100-240V ~ 50/60 Hz 0.8A. Output is 12V/2.5A and comes with a US standard plug. You will not need a power converter as long as the input is within the given ranges. You might need a plug adapter for different regions which is not included.