- “If you have any misgivings about this little gem, banish them. Price was great and performance perfect. It has 5 card slots which take care of the cards for my husband and me. As simple as plug and use. Enjoy!!” – Nancy Keiser
- “This reader is the end all be all…it is one terrific device. What an inexpensive fix for what can and was for me a big problem. From the moment I plugged it in it worked on every card I own! What a low maintenance item as well, if you run Windows when you plug it in it checks for current drivers and installs them, no fuss, no bother. What more could you ask for and it fits easily in the palm of your hand! Nothing more to say…WOW” – Ron Wrench “Tech guy!”
- Attractive, Durable Brushed Aluminum Finish beautifully complements Apple systems as well as UltraBooks like the Asus ZenBook, HP SpectreXT, etc.
- Supports most common media card types: CF, SD, SDXC, SDHC, MicroSD, XD, MemoryStick, MMC, M2
- Flashing activity LED indicates file transfer in process
- Drastically improved connection speeds compared to older USB 2.0 card readers
- USB Bus Powered: no external AC power supply required
- Compact, Portable design: measures only
Uses the Genesys Logic GL3220 chipset featuring:
- CompactFlash cards UDMA mode up to 133 MB/sec
- SD, SDHC, SDXC, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, and MicroSDXC cards are supported in UHS-I mode up to 104 MB/sec
- Supports newer high-capacity cards:
- CF v5.0 LBA48 (capacity up to 144PB)
- SDXC (capacity up to 2TB)
- MS XC (capacity up to 2TB)
- Cross Platform Support: no driver install required on most modern operating systems, uses built in USB Mass Storage drivers
- Windows: XP/Vista/7/8
- Apple OS: 9/X
- Linux: All variants (including Android 4.x and Chrome OS) running kernel version 2.x, 3.x with USB Mass Storage Support
Please note that not all Android 4.x systems have USB Mass Storage support: The Google Nexus 7 is one notable example that lacks this capability.
Q: Can I access more than one media card at a time?
A: Multiple cards may be used simultaneously- only SD and MicroSD can NOT be used at the same time. Only the first SD/MicroSD card inserted into the reader will be accessible.
Q: Can I transfer files from one media card to another?
A: Transfers from one card to another are supported (only transfers from SD to MicroSD are NOT supported). Maximum transfer speeds will be obtained by transferring to/from one card at a time.
Q: How large of an SDXC card is supported?
A: We have verified that at least a 64GB SDXC card is supported. Theoretically up to 2TB is supported.
A: Because of their large capacity, SDXC cards (SD cards 64GB and larger) use a special format system called exFAT, which is not supported in computers with Windows XP, Windows Vista before Service Pack 1, and Mac OS X before version 10.6.6. To add exFAT support to an Windows XP computer, follow this link, then download and install the appropriate update file for your operating system. To add exFAT support to a Vista computer, upgrade to at least Service Pack 1. Service packs for Vista can be downloaded here. For OS X versions before 10.6, you will need to upgrade your Mac to at least version 10.6. If you have version 10.6, click the Apple logo in the upper-left corner, and select Software Update to apply all current updates to the OS. More information on updating and upgrading your Mac is available here.