Plugable USB3-HUB4 Four-Port USB 3.0 / 2.0 Compact Hub with Four-Amp Power Adapter (VIA VL811 Chipset)
- Compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices
- Features the latest VIA VL811 USB 3.0 hub chipset for maximum compatibility and performance
- Premium four-amp power adapter allows four connected USB 3.0 devices each to draw current at the USB 3.0 maximum of 900 milliamps
- Supports USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer rates (5Gbps), USB 2.0 Hi-Speed rates (480Mbps), and USB 1.1 Full/Low Speed rates (12/1.5 Mbps)
- No driver installation required: Works with Windows, Mac, Linux, and other hosts
- LED status indicators for main power and each port in use
- Not a device charger: No functionality for charging iPads, iPhones, or other tablet and smartphone devices
Featuring the leading VIA VL811 USB 3.0 hub controller chipset for maximum compatibility with the evolving universe of available USB 3.0 hardware, the Plugable USB3-HUB4 also works with 2.0/1.1 hosts and devices. It enables connecting up to four devices, is compact and lightweight, and has LED status indicators for main power and each port in use. The hub requires no driver installation (although individual devices will, as usual).
The USB3-HUB4 is compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices. The hub’s one upstream port and four downstream ports provide USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer rates (five gigabits per second) when linking a USB 3.0 host with USB 3.0 devices. The hub also is backwards compatible with previous USB specifications, offering support for USB 2.o Hi-Speed transfer rates (480 megabits per second), and USB 1.1 Full-Speed (12 megabits per second)/Low-Speed (1.5 megabits per second) transfer rates.
SuperSpeed transfer rates make fast work of moving HD video files and high-pixel-count digital photos and backing up hard drives to devices on the hub. USB’s practical speeds vary by device and usually are lower than the theoretical maximum speed.
The hub includes a premium five-volt, four-amp AC power adapter for powering every port to USB 3.0’s maximum of 900 milliamps. The power adapter is brick-style with extra-long cables providing a total of six feet of distance between the hub and the electrical outlet. Power management features include the ability for devices to communicate latency tolerance to the host and for links to enter progressively lower power states when link partners are idle.
The hub is not a device charger and has no functionality for charging iPhones, iPads, or other similar tablets and smartphones.
In the box
Plugable USB3-HUB4 four-port USB 3.0 / 2.0 compact hub (VIA VL811 hub controller), four-amp power adapter with three-foot cable between hub and adapter and three-foot cable from adapter to USA plug, and three-foot USB 3.0 Cable.
Where to Buy