No driver installation is necessary for Windows 10, 8, or 7 computers that are connected to the internet. The operating system will download the correct drivers automatically when the Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter is plugged in.
If for some reason you need to download the driver for these or other supported Windows systems, please use the following link:
- Installer version & Build date: 1.14.0 (08/02/2016)
- Windows XP (32 & 64-bit) WDM WHQL Driver: v188.8.131.52 (10/22/2013)
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (32 & 64-bit) WDF WHQL Driver: v184.108.40.206 (07/05/2016)
- Installer version & Build date: 1.6.1 (2016-03-09)
- For Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.11 El Capitan (64-bit)
- Installer version & Build date: 1.5.1 (2013-09-02)
- For Mac 10.8 Mountain Lion (64-bit), 10.7 Lion (32-bit and 64-bit kernels), 10.6 Snow Leopard (32-bit and 64-bit kernels)
Open source drivers are included in Linux kernels 2.6.11 and later. These have support for the Prolific 2303 chipset, and recognize the plug and play IDs of the Plugable adapter.
The adapter uses the standard USB Prolific VID and PID of 0×2303, which is recognized by all of Prolific’s standard drivers.
Please visit the Prolific PL2303 driver download page for all other operating system options. Login as guest with the password guest and choose USB Serial/Parallel under USB Smart I/O Controllers.