Plugable USB 2.0 Bluetooth Adapter
- Adds Bluetooth® wireless technology support for Windows® 7 and later, Linux PCs, and Raspberry Pi
- Extremely compact USB adapter. Safe to leave in for laptop travel
- Supports Bluetooth input devices like keyboards, mice, and game controllers*
- Supports Bluetooth audio devices like stereo headsets, headphones, and speakers*
- Basic hardware support built-in to Linux kernels 3.0.34 and higher (profile support is provided by libraries like BlueZ and Pulseaudio, see our profile blog for details)
- Does not add Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0) capability to Windows 7 and earlier. Does not work in car stereo systems, home theater systems, or TVs. Requires specific drivers for Bose QuietComfort 35 in Windows 7.
*Note: Some devices have specific compatibility concerns, please see supported Bluetooth profiles and the FAQ section particularly with regards to game controllers and audio devices.
Plugable’s Class 2 Bluetooth 4.0 adapter’s dual mode radio will enable your computer to communicate with other Bluetooth devices with high speed transfer rates of up to 3 Mbps. With a range of up to 10 meters (33 feet) depending on environmental factors. The adapter is compatible with both 32 and 64-bit Windows from XP through Windows 10. And offers market-leading Broadcom BCM20702 chipset, while also backwards compatible with classic Bluetooth (1.x and 2.x) devices.
Windows 10 will automatically download drivers when the device is plugged in, and no other software should be necessary for most users. If you encounter any issues, try manually running Windows Update first. If that does not help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or try one of the Windows 10 drivers from the links below. These drivers include additional Bluetooth profiles that are not supported by default in Windows.
- Windows 8: Click Here (Legacy – 184.108.40.20680)
- Windows 8.1: Install the latest driver from one of the links below. If you encounter issues, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Windows 7 & Vista: In most cases this driver, which is included on the CD, should work. If you are using a newer audio device that is not working with this driver, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or try one of the drivers from the links below.
- Windows 7 & Vista 64-Bit (Latest – 220.127.116.1130)
- Windows 7 & Vista 32-Bit (Latest – 18.104.22.16830)
- Driver Version 22.214.171.1240: Use only to connect specific audio devices including Bose QuietComfort 35 in 32-Bit and 64-Bit Windows 7 and Vista.
- Windows XP: Click Here (Latest – 126.96.36.19910)
Linux Driver Installation
Linux kernels after June 2012 or so have support for this adapter. Support has been back ported to kernels back to later point releases of stable kernels 3.0+, specifically 3.0.34, 3.2.20, and all versions of 3.4.The adapter’s USB VID is 0x0a5c (Broadcom) and PID 0x21e8.
While the adapter can be installed with the kernel versions mentioned, this primarily allows Linux to recognize the adapter as a Bluetooth radio. Bluetooth profile support, and most Bluetooth operations, are managed with software like BlueZ and Pulseaudio, which have varying degrees of functionality depending on which version of these libraries are installed, and the Linux kernel needed for different versions of those software components.
- Bluetooth® Changes In Windows 10 Creators Update
- Essential Bluetooth® Devices by Plugable
- Successfully Pairing and Connecting Your Bluetooth Audio Device in Windows
- Bluetooth Audio in OpenELEC on the Raspberry Pi
- Understanding Bluetooth® Wireless Audio
- Windows 7 Won’t Update? Here’s What to Do
- The Pi and Bluetooth Find True Love in the Newest Raspian Update
- Listen to Bluetooth Audio on Your Raspberry Pi 3, Pi Zero, or Earlier Pi
- Get Rid of Raspberry Pi Cables with Plugable Keyboards and Raspbian Jessie
- Tap the Power of IoT with a Raspberry Pi Bluetooth LE Gateway and Plugable USB Adapters
Other Errors, Issues, and Procedures
For more Plugable Bluetooth products, please see http://plugable.com/bluetooth
Where to Buy