- “Finally – an adapter that really works with Windows 7 and 64 bit – and so reasonably priced” – Diane, Richmond, VA
- “The cable is reliable, durable, and inexpensive- a perfect combination!” – Daniel Nelson, CA
- “Garmin was offering a serial to USB cable for $89. Got this one instead and the unit works great! Thanks for helping keep my good deal a good deal.” – K. Walker, TN
- “Just worked in Ubuntu 11.04. Plugged this cable in, changed my settings to use ttyUSB0 instead of ttyS0, and it just worked.” – P&S
- Allows any PC to connect serial devices and programs that communicate through COM ports
- PL-2303HX Rev D Chipset for high performance and compatibility across Windows, Mac, Linux, and other platforms
- Plug and play creation of a COM port. Powered by USB – no external power needed
- Programmable baud rate from 75bps to 12Mbps. 256 byte inbound and outbound buffers. Typical speeds up to 230 Kbps.
- Full duplex transmitter and receiver. Modem RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, and RI signals
PL-2303 family chipset for widest possible compatibility. Drivers available for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, and Microsoft signed drivers for 32/64-bit Vista, Windows 7 and Win 8; Mac OS X 10.9-6 including Snow Leopard 10.6.x, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8, and newly released OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Open source drivers included in Linux kernel 2.4.31 and later. Windows 7 automatically detects and guides driver install without disk.
Works with devices with RS-232 serial ports like: other PCs with RS-232 ports, Bluetooth serial adapters, PDAs, GPS recievers, routers, firewalls, modems, printers, embedded character displays, scan tools, sonar units, embedded boards, etc.
Specific devices include: Garmin eTrex GPS, Seiko Label Printer, iRobot Create, Cisco products with serial consoles, US Robotics Modems, NexStar telescopes, Equus Scan Tools, Uniden Hand Held Scanners, etc.
Works with software like: HyperTerminal, TeraTerm, WinDBG, all open source serial software on Linux, etc.
Package Includes: USB Serial Converter with 24″ cable, Driver CD, and Quick Installation Guide.
- Windows 98, XP, 2K, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (all versions)
- Mac OS X 10.6 and later (all versions)
- Linux kernels 2.6.11 and later
See our Prolific driver download page for details and links.
Linux lsusb output for the Plugable Serial Adapter
$ sudo lsusb -v -s 2:2 Bus 002 Device 002: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port Device Descriptor: bLength 18 bDescriptorType 1 bcdUSB 1.10 bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level) bDeviceSubClass 0 bDeviceProtocol 0 bMaxPacketSize0 64 idVendor 0x067b Prolific Technology, Inc. idProduct 0x2303 PL2303 Serial Port bcdDevice 4.00 iManufacturer 1 Prolific Technology Inc. iProduct 2 USB-Serial Controller D iSerial 0 bNumConfigurations 1 Configuration Descriptor: bLength 9 bDescriptorType 2 wTotalLength 39 bNumInterfaces 1 bConfigurationValue 1 iConfiguration 0 bmAttributes 0x80 (Bus Powered) MaxPower 100mA Interface Descriptor: bLength 9 bDescriptorType 4 bInterfaceNumber 0 bAlternateSetting 0 bNumEndpoints 3 bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class bInterfaceSubClass 0 bInterfaceProtocol 0 iInterface 0 Endpoint Descriptor: bLength 7 bDescriptorType 5 bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN bmAttributes 3 Transfer Type Interrupt Synch Type None Usage Type Data wMaxPacketSize 0x000a 1x 10 bytes bInterval 1 Endpoint Descriptor: bLength 7 bDescriptorType 5 bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT bmAttributes 2 Transfer Type Bulk Synch Type None Usage Type Data wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes bInterval 0 Endpoint Descriptor: bLength 7 bDescriptorType 5 bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN bmAttributes 2 Transfer Type Bulk Synch Type None Usage Type Data wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes bInterval 0 Device Status: 0x0000 (Bus Powered)
Where to Buy
|Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)||Product Details|