- Connect many to turn one computer into several (compatible multiseat OS required, not included).
- Standard VGA/D-Sub port supporting modes up to 1280×1024 / 1440×900, 3.5mm audio in/out, 2 USB.
- USB bus powered. 2 available USB ports powered for standard USB keyboard and mouse only (no high power devices).
- Includes both desktop stand and 75/100mm VESA mount for back of monitor attachment.
- Comes with a 5V/2.5A power adapter. US replacements can be bought here.
Zero Client for Windows Multipoint Server 2012
Windows Multipoint Server 2012 is a new version of Windows that lets you turn one PC into many. Read more from Microsoft.
To install, enter the console mode of WMS2012, and download and install the drivers available here:
WSM2012 Plugable USB Terminal Driver.
Reboot into normal mode, and your Plugable USB terminals will all pop up fresh login screens.
Zero Client for Windows Multipoint Server 2011
- Boot into Windows Multipoint Server’s “Maintenance Mode”
- Make sure your server’s graphics drivers have been upgraded from VGA to the native drivers which support WDDM/Aero (usually from Intel, nVidia, or ATI). Note: some common server GPUs do not support WDDM and Aero, including the Matrox G200 series. These cards are not supported, and must be upgraded. This is required for the DisplayLink drivers in the next step.
- Download and install the latest Plugable USB terminal drivers for the DC-125. If any errors are reported, let us know. You should see the screens attached to the DC-125 showing blank desktops.
- Note that USB Zero Clients with different underlying technology/drivers cannot be mixed on the same system. The major chipsets are DisplayLink, MCT (Magic Control Technology), and SMSC. So if you will have Zero Clients from different brands mixed on the system, insure they use the same technology (ours, including the DC-15, all use DisplayLink technology).
Now just return to “Standard” mode and (with keyboard & mouse attached to each DC-125), you’ll see a fresh login come up on each one.
A free 240-day evaluation copy of Multipoint Server 2012 is available for download from Microsoft. Up to 14 DC-125s per server are supported.
Thin Client for Linux
Software Setup (Drivers) for Fedora 17
Fedora 17 comes with automatic USB multiseat in an all open source distribution. Read more about The Fedora Project.
All required software is included in Fedora 17. The Plugable DC-125 and UD-160-A are currently the only docking stations on the market that work out of the box to provide plug and play multiseat support with Fedora open source Linux.
- DisplayLink USB 2.0 Graphics Adapters on Linux – 2014 Edition
- Before You Upgrade To Mac OS X 10.9 (“Mavericks”)
- DisplayLink Releases New Windows Driver Version 7.1 M1
Included in Package
Where to Buy
|Plugable DC-125 USB 2.0 Multiseat Zero Client for Windows Multipoint Server and Fedora Linux (VGA up to 1440x900 / 1...||Product Details|
The DC-125 may be purchased for dispatch to UK and EU addresses at amazon.co.uk. Fulfilled from Amazon warehouses in the UK, to addresses in 26 countries: UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Ireland, Portugal, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Sweden. Amazon UK prices include VAT.