Continuing with their practice of providing frequent large updates to Windows 10, Microsoft released the ‘Windows 10 November 2019 Update’ for Windows 10 on November 12th, 2019 and with this update there are many fixes and enhancements to the operating system.
More details about the update and how to obtain it are available herehttps://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/11/12/how-to-get-the-windows-10-november-2019-update/
Those who read our blog regularly will recall this has occurred before, most recently with the ‘Windows 10 May 2019 Update’ for Windows 10 on May 21st, 2019 (https://plugable.com/2019/05/22/windows-10-may-2019-update-with-plugable-usb-docking-stations-and-usb-video-adapters/)
As it pertains to Plugable’s USB video adapters and USB docking station’s based DisplayLink technology, our products should continue to ‘just work’ after the update has applied but as with any major update there is always possibility for problems. If after the update having been applied things are not working as expected, the best practice is as follows:
- Disconnect your USB video adapter or USB docking station (if using a docking station please also disconnect the power adapter) from your system and keep it disconnected until the last step
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control PanelPrograms and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner
- Reboot the system, even if not prompted
- Download and install the latest DisplayLink driver
- Reconnect your docking station (after reconnecting the power) or USB video adapter and your displays should become active
In summation, while in most cases things should ‘just work’ as with any major update to an operating system things may not go as expected. If any of our customers apply the update and the above instructions do not help, please contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
View Other Articles in Category
- All You Need to Know About Plugable Switch/KVM Options for Sharing Two Displays and More Between Two Computers
- 4 Screens in 4K With Plugable’s 16-in-1 Dock
- A Fresh Take on the Classic 13-in-1 Triple Display Docking Station
- Transfer Files Fast. Really Fast.
- The Best Docking Stations for the M1 and M2 Mac
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.