Microsoft released the next major version of the Windows operating system known as Windows 11 on October 5th, 2021. With this update, there are many new features, enhancements and fixes to the operating system.
Microsoft has more information about Windows 11 available here --> https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/10/04/windows-11-a-new-era-for-the-pc-begins-today/
As it pertains to Plugable’s USB video adapters and USB docking station’s based DisplayLink technology (https://www.synaptics.com/products/displaylink-graphics), our products should continue to ‘just work’ after updating to Windows 11. However, as with any major update there is always the possibility for unexpected behavior.
If after having updated your PC to Windows 11 your Plugable DisplayLink-based product is not working as expected, the best practice is as follows:
1. Disconnect your Plugable USB video adapter or USB docking station (if using a docking station please also disconnect the power adapter) from your PC and keep it disconnected until prompted.
2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the 'Apps and Features' application. You can access this application by right-clicking on the 'Start' menu button and selecting 'Apps and Features' from the context menu that appears.
3. Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaning Utility from here --> https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+10.1.2860.exe
4. Reboot your PC, even if not prompted
5. Download and install the latest version of the Windows DisplayLink driver we recommend for our products from here --> https://plugable.com/pages/displaylink
6. Reconnect your USB docking station (after reconnecting the power) or USB video adapter to your PC, and the displays connected to the product should become active
In summation, while in most cases things should ‘just work’ as with any major update to an operating system things may not go as expected. If any of our customers update to Windows 11 and the above instructions do not help, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the output from our PlugDebug utility –> https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug/ and we will be happy to assist.
View Other Articles in Category
- What Is IPv6
- How to Add Two or Three Screens to the M3 MacBook Pro
- Navigating the Connected Classroom with Plugable Technologies
- The Apple M3 14-inch and 16-inch Macbook Pro and the Plugable Products Tested To Improve Your Workflow
- The Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday Docking Station Deals on Amazon
Article ID: 557748584613
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.