No driver installation is necessary for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7 computers that are connected to the internet. The operating system will download the correct drivers automatically when the Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter is plugged in. For all Windows XP and Vista systems and for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 systems that are not connected to the internet, please download and install the following driver:
This driver file contains the following software versions:
- Installer version & Build date: 1.20.0 (07-30-2018)
- Windows XP (32 & 64-bit) WDM WHQL Driver: v184.108.40.206 (07-05-2018)
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (32 & 64-bit) WDF WHQL Driver: v220.127.116.11 (07-12-2018)
MacOS 10.13 High Sierra, MacOS 10.12 Sierra, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.9 Mavericks (all 64-bit)
- PL2303 Prolific MacOS/OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13 v1.6.1
- Installer version & Build date: 1.6.1 (2016-03-09)
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra has introduced additional security to Gatekeeper requiring extra steps to enable the driver, we have documented the procedure at our blog post here: How to Fix Extensions Blocked by Gatekeeper in MacOS 10.13 High Sierra
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (64-bit), 10.7 Lion (32-bit and 64-bit kernels), 10.6 Snow Leopard (32-bit and 64-bit kernels)
- PL2303 Prolific Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.8, v1.5.1
- Installer version & Build date: 1.5.1 (2013-09-02)
Open source drivers are included in Linux kernels 2.6.11 and later. These have support for the Prolific 2303 chipset, and recognize the plug and play IDs of the Plugable adapter.
The adapter uses the standard USB Prolific VID and PID of 0×2303, which is recognized by all of Prolific’s standard drivers.
Please visit the Prolific PL2303 driver download page for all other operating system options. Login as guest with the password guest and choose USB Serial/Parallel under USB Smart I/O Controllers.