Plugable Bluetooth® Full-Size Folding Keyboard and Case
List Price : $49.95
Amazon Rating : (524 Reviews)
- Adaptable—Going out into the world? Take along a full-size Bluetooth keyboard. Tri-fold design flips out to 11.5 inches when you need it, folds away when you don’t. Quick charge battery lasts weeks, and it’s compatible with just about anything
- Solid Build, Solid Battery—An anodized aluminum shell houses precision scissor-switch keys. USB-rechargeable Li-Ion battery holds enough power to keep you typing for weeks on a single charge. Plus, it has a cool case that turns into a stand
- Compatible—Yeah, it’ll work with that. More than an iPad keyboard, more than a computer keyboard. With compatibility modes for Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, and Linux, this multi device keyboard works with whatever you’re working on
- Key Quality—High-quality scissor switches supply a satisfying sensation when tapping away on this wireless keyboard. Sounds like a soothing cascade of quiet clicks. Feels strong enough to lend emotional support (it doesn’t though)
- 2 Year Warranty—We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
A Keyboard for Your Phone or Tablet
The Plugable Folding Bluetooth Keyboard BT-KEY3XL is small, convenient, and easy to use with any phone or tablet. Whether you’re texting, sending emails, or writing a report this keyboard is great for planes, coffee shops, and more! Yet, when you are ready to go, it folds smaller than a paperback book and fits right in a bag or briefcase with your tablet or phone.
Experience the ease of typing on a keyboard while away from your desk. The normal-size keys are properly spaced for accurate typing and have a crisp and familiar touch, with the precise scissor switch mechanism found on quality desktop and laptop keyboards.
ChargingMinutes of charging give you hours of use! Plug the keyboard into a USB charger or computer. Check on the keyboard’s charge level by pressing Fn + Right Alt. The power LED indicates the battery level from 4 flashes (full) to 1 flash (needs charging).
Use the Case as a StandThe included case protects your keyboard when stowed, then a quick flip of the cover turns it into an adjustable stand for your phone or tablet. The fitted case is lined with soft microfiber on the inside to protect the keyboard with a soft leather-like surface on the outside.
The Plugable keyboard connects via both Bluetooth and USB. It features USB charging and compatibility modes for iOS, Android, and Windows. A row of dedicated special keys and quick two-finger key combos give you lots of control over your devices, such as:
- Delete, Esc, F1-12 (Fn + Top Row Keys): Windows
- Navigation keys (Home, End, Page Up/Down): iOS, Android, Windows, Mac
- Media keys (Pause/Play, Forward, Back, Volume Up/Down): iOS, Android, Mac (iTunes)
- Edit keys (Copy, Cut, Paste, Select All): iOS
- and more!
In The Box
|Item and Quantity||Item Notes|
|1x Plugable Full-Size Bluetooth Portable Keyboard|
|1x USB 2.0 Micro-B Cable|
|Layout and Profile||Key Count||Switch Type||Legend and Keycap Material||Keyboard Lighting (Color)||Lighting Modes|
|78-Key||Scissor||Silk Screen Print||None||None|
|Port||Placement||Power Host / Device||Connection Type||Notes||Voltage||Amperage||Wattage|
|USB-A to Any USB Charging Port||Cable End||Device||5.0V||200mA||1.0W|
Connection To Host
|Port||Placement||Version and Link Rate||Features|
|1x Bluetooth Classic||Internal||Bluetooth (2.1Mbps)|
|1x USB-A||Top||USB 2.0 (480Mbps)|
|Bluetooth Specification||Supported Profiles||Notable Unsupported Profiles||Bluetooth Class and Range||Chipset|
|Bluetooth 3.0||See Profile Compatibility Table||Class 2
|Port Type (Side 1)||Cable Specification||Port Type (Side 2)||Cable Length||External Power for Cable|
|1x Male USB Micro-B||USB 2.0 (480Mbps)||1x Male USB-A||1.53m/5ft||No|
Any device that can use a Bluetooth keyboard should work with this keyboard. That includes Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android operating systems.
This keyboard model (BT-KEY3XL) supports data communication over USB as well with the included cable. By pressing Fn + 2, USB mode is enabled.
This keyboard uses standard Bluetooth HID (Human Interface Device) profiles as part of the Bluetooth 3.0 specifications.
- Enable Bluetooth search on the host device.
- Open the keyboard and press Fn + 1 for BT mode.
- Press Fn + C to enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Pair the keyboard from the host device's interface.
- Press Fn + Q/W/E to set correct compatibility mode.
- Connect keyboard to host with included USB cable.
- Press Fn + 2 to enter USB mode.
- Press Fn + Q/W/E to set correct compatibility mode.
Questions? We're here to help! Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Filter Help Articles and Frequent Questions by Category
Well how about that, it looks like we don't have any articles matching your filters! Try removing one of your choices or clear the filters to show all articles.
You can always contact support if you need help too!
Can My Bluetooth Folding Keyboard Be Used While Charging?
BT-KEY3—Yes, the Bluetooth keyboard will work while it is charging and connected via Bluetooth to the host.
BT-KEYXL—Yes, the Bluetooth keyboard will work while it is charging and connected either via Bluetooth or USB to the host.
What Do the Lights on the Bluetooth Folding Keyboard Mean?
A brief green LED for Power after the keyboard is opened means the keyboard has sufficient charge for operation and is ready to use.
A red LED for Power indicates the keyboard is charging.
A blue LED for State means the keyboard is broadcasting its existence through Bluetooth, and can be discovered by your tablet or phone.
A green LED for State means the keyboard is operating in USB mode (BT-KEY3XL only).
You can switch back to Bluetooth mode by pressing Fn + 1.
A red LED for Caps indicates Caps Lock is on.