Plugable USB Type-C Flash Memory Card Reader
- Add a blazing-fast card reader to your USB 3.1 Type-C (USB-C) system such as the Retina MacBook 2015 (rMB) and Chromebook Pixel 2015
- Supports All Common Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), and Memory Stick (MS) Card Types
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Supported out of the box by Mac-, Linux- and Windows Desktop or Laptop systems. Mobile plattforms however are more than likely not supported since 95% of Android devices with USB-C ports *DO NOT SUPPORT* adding on mass storage devices (rooting/jailbraking is required for this functionality). Ask the device manufacturer if adding mass storage via USB-C port is possible before purchase.
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards are supported in UHS-I mode up to 104 MB/sec. Supports SDXC / MSXC Cards up to 2 TB in size. Note: Physical write-protect switch on SD cards not supported
Plugable’s USB Type-C (USB-C) flash card reader is compact for easy portability, with a permanently attached flexible USB cable to enable connections in tight spots. This is a great option for anyone looking for an easy way add support for the most common storage media types used in common digital cameras, MP3 players, and mobile phones, or expand the usability of your single-port USB-C system.
Operates at USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds. SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards are supported in UHS-I mode up to 104 MB/sec for maximum SD card performance. The benefits of USB 3.1’s increased throughput over USB 2.0 are seen on SD cards class 10 and up.
Operating System Compatibility:
Driverless compatibility with modern USB 3.1 capable systems including Windows (10, 8.1/8), Mac OS X (10.10 Yosemite and newer), and Linux (3.x Kernel and newer versions).
Mobile platforms however are more than likely not supported since 95% of Android devices with USB-C ports *DO NOT SUPPORT* adding on mass storage devices (rooting/jailbraking is required for this functionality). Android compatibility varies by device and is limited to devices running Android 6.0 and later with a full-sized USB-C port with storage mounting capabilites for peripherals. It is best to ask the Android device manufacturer if the Realtek RTS5307 chipset is compatible with the device before purchase.
Uses the Realtek RTS5307 chipset featuring:
- WINDOWS 10 ‘FALL CREATORS’ UPDATE WITH PLUGABLE DOCKING STATIONS AND USB VIDEO ADAPTERS
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra Significantly Improves DisplayLink Performance & Stability
- Add Two HDMI 2.0 4K 60HZ Displays on Any Thunderbolt™ 3 Mac with Our New Plugable™ Adapter
- Useful Windows Utilities
- Add Two 4K 60Hz Displays on Any Thunderbolt™ 3 Mac with this New Plugable™ Adapter
- Dual 4K Displays Now Possible on Existing USB 3.0 Ports
- Dual 4K Displays on any PC – Plugable’s New Docking Station
- Plugable’s USB-C Mini Dock with HDMI, USB 3.0 and Pass-Through Charging
- Plugable Launches First DisplayLink DL-6950 USB-C Adapters Supporting Dual 4K@60 Displays
- Plugable Introduces Universal 60W USB Type-C Power Delivery 2.0 Charger
- SD, SDHC, SDXC, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, and MicroSDXC cards are supported in UHS-I mode up to 104 MB/sec
- MS, MS Pro, MS Duo, MS Pro Duo, and MSXC
- Supports newer high-capacity cards:
- SDXC (capacity up to 2TB)
- MSXC (capacity up to 2TB)
- Cross Platform Support: no driver install required on most modern operating systems, uses built in USB Mass Storage drivers
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- OS X: 10.10 Yosemite and newer
- Linux: All variants running kernel version 2.x, 3.x with USB Mass Storage Support
Q: Do I have to install drivers?
A: No- the USBC-FLASH3 is plug-and-play. Just connect the USB cable to your PC, insert a media card, and go!
Q: How do I import pictures from my media cards?
A: This depends on what operating system you run. On most Windows PC’s you can use the “Import photos and videos” feature by simply plugging in the media card reader with a card in it. A similar import manager is available in OS X, as well as most major Linux distributions.
Q: How large of an SDXC card is supported?
A: We have verified that at least a 64GB SDXC card is supported. Theoretically up to 2TB is supported.