Apple Mac DisplayLink Driver Installation and Removal Instructions
DisplayLink driver installation on Mac OS X 10.11 and newer
- If drivers were not received from Plugable via email soon after purchase, download the most recent drivers from here
- Navigate to your downloads folder and open the “DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Mac OS X 2.5.1” (or newer version) DMG file
- The DMG file will “mount” to the desktop as “DisplayLink Installer”
- Open the folder and then launch the “DisplayLink Software Installer.pkg”
- Follow the on screen prompts and when finished reboot the system, if you get a message saying there is already a newer version installed, use the uninstaller as pictured above then begin again.
- After the reboot connect the docking station
- Configure your displays. Click here for more detailed instructions from Apple
DisplayLink driver uninstall on Mac OS X 10.11 and newer
To remove the currently installed DisplayLink driver (for example if things are not working properly or in preparation for an upgrade) please follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Applications’ folder from the Favorites section of the Finder, and double-click on the DisplayLink folder.
- Double-click on the DisplayLink Software Uninstaller application.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the remaining prompts and then restart the system.