Thunderbolt 3™ 480GB NVMe Solid State Drive
Intel Thunderbolt 3™ technology offers blistering transfer speeds at up to 40Gbps and is the perfect connection to take advantage of new solid state media. Unlike traditional external storage solutions that are limited by the SATA III interface, NVMe technology allows solid state media to interface directly with PCIe controllers in the host system without an intermediary chipset. With our new 480GB NVMe external solid state drive, you can experience extreme performance like never before, roughly 5x faster than traditional SATA III solid state drives over USB 3.1 Gen 2.
- Portable Aluminum Design
- Thunderbolt 3 Interface
- Integrated Thunderbolt 3 Cable
- 480GB High Capacity NVMe Solid State Storage
- Sequential transfer speeds of 2400+ MB/s read and 1200+ MB/s write*
*Actual transfer speeds will vary depending on host system and workload.
In the Box
1x Thunderbolt 3 480GB NVMe Solid State Drive
1x Quick Start Guide
Hardware RequirementsClick here to expand section
Operating System and Driver DetailsClick here to expand section
- Supports macOS Sierra and later
- Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 7
System CompatibilityClick here to expand section
Setup InstructionsClick here to expand section
- Q: Do I need to format the drive before use?A: The drive is pre-formatted in exFAT (cross-compatible with macOS and Windows) and should automatically be recognized without the need to initialize and format before use. If the drive has been reformatted after purchase with a file system not natively supported by your operating system, it may need to be mounted manually. Visit our website for instructions on reformatting drives if desired.
- Q: Will the drive perform at its maximum speed during all read/write operations?Transfer speed is affected by many factors. While this Thunderbolt 3 NVMe drive is capable of sequential transfer speeds of 2400+ MB/s read and 1200+ MB/s write, results will vary depending on the program being used and workload.
- Problem: After connecting my drive, why is it not visible in my Operating System?The TBT3-NVME480 must be connected to a Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port. On systems which have a mix of Thunderbolt 3 and non-Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, please ensure the device is connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port.
Where to Buy