Plugable Compact 104-Key Mechanical Keyboard With Red-Style Switches
List Price : $59.95
Amazon Rating : (28 Reviews)
- RED MECHANICAL SWITCHES—Full-size 104-key mechanical keyboard provides smooth and lightweight linear action. Designed as a gaming keyboard, but great as an office keyboard too with no tactile "bump" or "clicky" sounds when pressed. Outemu switches are rated for 50 million actuations. 60±15 grams actuation force with 4.0±0.2mm of keystroke travel.
- PLUG AND PLAY—Compatable with Windows, Mac and Linux devices. Driver and software free for a fully plug-and-play experience
- ERGONOMIC LAYOUT—Keycaps are ergonomically sculpted and individually lit for ease of use even in the darkest environments
- DURABLE BUILD—Robust frameless build features a steel backplate and doubleshot injection ABS keycaps. This rugged design reduces flexing and common wear that shortens the lifespan of other keyboards
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY—We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Enhance Your Computing Experience With the Plugable Full-Size Mechanical Red Switch Keyboard (USB-MECH104RW)
Plugable is well known for docking stations, hubs, and more. This keyboard is one of four models in our Performance line of products.
It's time to enjoy typing again with a mechanical switch keyboard. Mechanical switches offer greater typing precision and improved typing feedback, along with a more satisfying feel and sound when compared to traditional rubber dome, membrane, or chiclet switch style keyboards.
Enjoy smooth, lightweight, and rapid response linear action from the Outemu Red MX style switches. Built with a metal frame, our keyboard feels solid and won't flex while you type. The durable ABS plastic keycaps have double-shot (a two-step manufacturing process) translucent legends with subtle white back-lighting to aid in visibility in low light situations while also offering a clean aesthetic.
Plugable engineers carefully evaluated a large variety of potential switches during the development of this keyboard. We chose the Outemu brand red switch, a high quality clone of the well known Cherry brand MX Red linear switch.
What is a Red switch?
This type of switch has no tactile “bump” or audible “clicky” sound from within the switch when pressed. It offers a lightweight yet snappy feel that allows for quicker typing.
Rated at 60±15 cN of force (1 centinewton equals roughly 1.02 grams of force) with 4.0±0.2mm of keystroke travel.
These switches are rated for an average of 50 million actuations (presses) which means the keyboard should last you for many years without failure.
Enhanced Typing Experience
Our keyboard offers more than just a mechanical switch advantage:
Double-Shot ABS Keycaps
Double-shot refers to a process where the keycap legend and keycap itself are two separately molded parts. Benefits of this design prevent the legend (text on the keycap) from wearing off.
Full N-Key Rollover (NKRO)
Each key switch is individually addressed by the keyboard's controller, enabling full N-Key rollover for multiple key presses to register simultaneously. Great for users who need custom macros.
Entry level keyboards may sometimes register phantom key-presses when typing certain key combinations. With anti-ghosting you will never get an unexpected input.
Ergonomic Design & Special Functions
Not all keycaps are alike
Featuring an ergonomic sculpted profile, our keycaps provide a gentle sloped arc preventing hand fatigue.
Ability to swap WASD and Arrow key functions (useful for retro games or left handed users) and Windows and menu keys can be disabled.
Multimedia Function Key Shortcuts
For convenient control while maintaining a compact form factor, we’ve programmed numerous built-in F1 through F12 keyboard function shortcuts for multimedia and volume controls along with shortcuts to launch the calculator, email, and web browser apps (functions may vary depending on your computer operating system).
Adjustable White Backlighting
Back-lit keycaps ensure easy key visibility regardless of ambient light
Featuring not only on or off control, set the brightness to your desired level with fully dimmable brightness.
In addition there is a "breathing" mode where the light gently pulsates on and off. No special drivers or software required!
Compact Desk Footprint
Desk space can be at a premium, this tenkeyless keyboard measuring in at just under 14 inches wide and 5.25 inches deep is perfect for users who don't need a numeric pad but do need more desk space.
Flip out rear feet
Elevate the keyboard about 0.5 inches for a more relaxed typing position. Unlike most entry level keyboards the feet have rubber pads to prevent the keyboard from slipping.
In The Box
Keyboard with integrated 6ft / 1.8m gold plated USB connector
Keycap & Switch Puller Tools
Quick Start Guide
In The Box
|Item and Quantity||Item Notes|
|1x Plugable Performance 104 Key Mechanical Keyboard|
|1x Quick Start Guide|
|1x Keycap Removal Tool|
|1x Switch Removal Tool|
|Layout and Profile||Key Count||Switch Type||Legend and Keycap Material||Keyboard Lighting (Color)||Lighting Modes|
|104-Key||OUTEMU Red||ABS Double-Shot||White||Off or Static or Breathing or Brightness Adjustment|
Connection To Host
|Port||Placement||Version and Link Rate||Features|
|1x USB-A||Cable End||USB 1.1 (12Mbps)|
No special drivers are necessary.
The keyboard is fully plug and play and will use the built in USB HID class drivers provided by Windows, Mac OS, Linux/Unix and all other modern USB host systems.
Questions? We're here to help! Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. To swap WASD and arrow key functions press [Fn] + [W] to convert the [W][A][S][D] keys into arrow keys [Up][Left][Down][Right]. This will also make the arrow keys function as [W][A][S][D]. Press [Fn] + [W] to return key functions to normal.
2. To turn the backlight on or off press [Fn] + [ScrLk]
3. To adjust the backlight brightness press [Fn] + [-] to lower and [Fn] + [=] to increase.
4. To turn "breathing" backlight on or off press [Fn] + [Home]
5. To adjust the "breathing" frequency press [Fn] + [-] to lower and [Fn] + [=] to increase.
6. To disable the Windows and Context Menu keys (useful while gaming) press [Fn] + [Win]. Press [Fn] + [Win] again to enable Windows and Context Menu keys.
Filter Help Articles and Frequent Questions by Category
Well how about that, it looks like we don't have any articles matching your filters! Try removing one of your choices or clear the filters to show all articles.
You can always contact support if you need help too!