- FASTER THAN GIGABIT—Add a new generation of Ethernet to your existing PC with more than double the performance of a traditional Gigabit Ethernet connection.
- KEEP USB UNIVERSAL—This network adapter includes an attached USB-C to USB-A adapter, allowing you to easily use it with any type of USB port you may have (USB 3.0 required for full performance)
- USE EXISTING CABLING—2.5 Gigabit Ethernet signals are designed to work on existing Category 5e cabling. Simply add 2.5Gbps-capable switches to your network and add these adapters for substantially faster LAN transfers
- OS COMPATIBILITY—Works with all modern versions of Windows (10, 8.x, and 7), macOS (10.7 and above), and Linux (Kernel 3.2 and above). However, a driver download and install may be required on older OS and Kernel versions
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY—We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. This product is covered by a 24-month limited warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
- Chipset: Realtek RTL8156
- Link Rates: 100mbps (100BASE-TX), 1000mbps (1000BASE-TX), and 2500mbps (2.5GBASE-T) with Auto Negotiation
- Additional Features: 9k Jumbo Frame Support, Auto MDI-X (Crossover Detection and Correction), and IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support (Depending on OS), and Power/Activity LEDs
2.5 Gigabit Ethernet
For businesses and home users looking to move beyond Gigabit Ethernet, there have been few cost-effective options. 10 Gigabit solutions often require very expensive upgrades to cabling, network adapters, and equipment like network switches.
With 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet adapters, you can leverage existing Cat 5e Ethernet cables and use less-costly switches to more than double the performance of your local network compared to traditional Gigabit Ethernet.
Quick and Easy Upgrades
Whether you’re running Windows, macOS, or Linux, you can easily add 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet adapters to any system with an available USB 3.0 or USB-C port, thanks to the attached USB-C to USB-A adapter.
Note: A driver download may be necessary on older operating systems or kernels. Most modern operating systems are plug-and-play. Click here for more details in our FAQ section.
What type of cable is needed to achieve maximum speeds with this adapter?
In order to achieve the full 2.5Gbps speeds for this adapter, you will need a Cat 5e or higher rated Ethernet cord that does not exceed 100m in length.
What do the orange and white LEDs on the Plugable USBC-E2500 indicate?
The orange link LED on the Plugable USBC-E2500 is an indication that the Ethernet cable plugged into the adapter is live and it stays steady as long as the live cable is plugged in. The blinking white activity LED is an indication that data is transferring through the adapter. Both these LEDs will not light up when:
- The adapter is not receiving enough power because it is plugged into a port that does not provide the required 900mA (max) of power.
- The drivers for the adapter have not installed properly or are corrupted.
- The Ethernet Cable plugged in is not live or is faulty.
- The adapter has failed.
Will I need to manually install drivers on my computer in order to use this adapter?
The operating systems listed below already have the network adapter’s drivers included so no manual driver installation is necessary. If you are using an older operating system you will need to manually install drivers.
- Windows 10, 8.x and 7
- macOS 10.7 and above
- Linux kernel 3.2 and above