Plugable USB 2.0 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- “It is highly reliable, fast, and cool.” – Kasra
- “Quit beating your head against a wall if you’re having troubles connecting to the network, and, Buy!” – Yaron, PA
- “Works Great on my MacBook Air and Linux workstation.” – Jeff Jacobs
- “My plugable usb ethernet adapter works on my NVIDIA Shield! Syncing from Box is very fast!” – Josh McAllister
- Installing Plugable USB-Ethernet Drivers in Windows 10
- Selecting the Right USB-Ethernet Adapter for your Computer and Network
- Supporting PXE over USB Deployment Scenarios for tablets and ultrabooks
- Before You Upgrade To Mac OS X 10.9 (“Mavericks”)
- Plugable USB Ethernet Adapters – Driver Updates with Windows 8.1 Upgrade
- OS X Mid-2012 MacBook USB and Graphics update
- The Windows RT and Surface USB Device Compatibility Story
- Raspberry Pi and Plugable Devices
- UPDATED: Plugable Products on Mac OS X 10.8 (aka Mountain Lion)
- USB Gigabit Ethernet speed on Mac OS X
Plug into any USB 2.0 laptop or desktop currently limited to 10/100 Ethernet, and benefit from faster transfers on your Gigabit Ethernet Network. USB 2.0 supports theoretical speeds up to 480Mbs. In practice, most machines will see up to a doubling of network speed by moving from 100Mbs Fast Ethernet to 1000Mbs Gigabit ethernet via USB. Also works on 10/100 Ethernet networks at their native speeds. INCLUDED IN PACKAGE: USB to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, and Quick Install Guide and Driver CD inside package between paper sleeves.
- Add an additional network interface to any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer via a simple USB adapter
- Improve the connectivity speed of your current 100 Mbs Fast Ethernet computer when a Gigabit Ethernet network is available (see details below on Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 speeds)
- Improved connectivity speed vs. computers currently connected over WiFi/802.11 wireless networks
- USB 2.0 male A to RJ45 female adapter supporting gigabit Ethernet at USB 2.0 speeds
- Drivers for Windows 8.1, 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Mac OS X 10.5-10.10.x
- Linux: built into kernel 3.2 and above.
- Supports 10/100/1000 with auto-sensing (IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab)
- Supports auto MDIX (straight and cross cable auto-detection)
- ASIX AX88178 Controller – Jumbo packets up to 9KB (Windows only), along with suspend mode and remote wake on LAN.
Works using in-built drivers (no software install required) on
- All Google Chromebook systems running latest updates (Chrome OS)
- Supported Android devices (see compatibility list below)
The gigabit adapter does not have built-in drivers for Wii or Linux prior to kernel 3.2. For these, choose our 10/100 adapter Plugable USB2-E100 which has in-built support for these earlier systems.
There are 3 easy options for installing drivers.
- On Windows 8.1, 8, and Windows 7 systems with Windows Update enabled, just leave the network cable connected to a different network adapter (so Windows Update can be reached) and just plug in the USB side of the adapter. Windows will look for the best driver.
- Drivers for many platforms (including Windows, Linux, Windows CE, etc.) are available for download. The complete list of drivers and supported platforms for the AX88178 chip in the Plugable USB2-E1000 is available on the ASIX AX88178 driver download page.
- Or use the drivers from the included CD-ROM.
The green link LED on the Plugable USB2-E1000 is an indication that the Ethernet cable plugged into the adapter is live and it stays steady as long as the live cable is plugged in. The blinking amber activity LED is an indications that data is transferring through the adapter.
Both these LEDs will not light up when:
1) The adapter is not receiving enough power because it is plugged into a port that does not provide the required 500mA of power
2) The drivers for the adapter have not installed properly or is corrupted
3) The Ethernet Cable plugged in is not live or is faulty
4) The adapter has failed
Are there any known software conflicts?
For Mac users, there is a known conflict with the Android File Transfer Program.
Where to Buy