Plugable USB-C Extension Cable with Built-In Multimeter Tester, Fast Charging, 3.3 ft
$23.95 USDSKU: USBC-METER3-1MF
Amazon Rating : (80 Reviews)
- At a Glance—Durable, high-performance 3.3’ (1M) USB-C extension cable (USBC-METER3-1MF) transfers data up to 10Gbps, supports 240W Extended Power Range, Alt Mode video up to 4K 60Hz, and features a digital power meter. It’s an incredibly versatile cable
- Ultra High-Speed Charging—Male to female USB-C extension cable delivers up to 240W, Video, and 10Gbps data. Connect it to your current charger and USB C charger cable,to charge even the most power-hungry laptops and devices from farther away. A whole 3.3’ (1m) farther away
- Built-In Power Meter—Easy to use, digital read-out to monitor power usage or charging flow of your device, doesn’t sacrifice advanced USB-C features missing from lesser extenders. A braided black cord protects the USB C charging cable. This Type C to Type C cable is built to last
- Works With—Broad compatibility with USB-C devices and advanced features. It is worth noting that the power, data, and video capabilities are dependent on the capabilities of the USB-C cable and other devices connected to this extension cable
- 2-Year Warranty and Support—Every Plugable product, including this USB C extender, is covered by a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty. And, should you need it, every product gets lifetime support from our US-based team
The Plugable USB 10Gbps USBC to USBC extension cable (male to female) with Built-In 240W Power Meter with Male and Female connection (USBC-METER3-1MF) has a lot going for it. For starters, it’ll extend your current USBC cable by 3.3’ (1m), and deliver up to 240W of charging power. That means you can combine it with your laptop’s USB-C charging cable to give you (and your laptop) a little extra room to move around.
When extending an equally capable USB Type C cable, like the Plugable USB4-240W-1M, get 240W Extended Power Range support, or support for video Alt mode at up to 4K 60Hz. It also supports impressive 10Gbps data transfer speeds. It also braided cord and the aluminum housing to keep it durable.
Of course, the most unique feature of the Plugable USB-C to USB-C cable is the built-in USB power meter. Now your USB C cord can monitor your power draw and consumption. Check to see if all of your laptop’s USB-C ports deliver the same charge. And you’ll finally find out if that “Super Best Fast Speed Charger” you ordered (I mean it was so cheap how could you resist) actually delivers the charge it claims on the package.
Built-In Power Meter
Measure your power and flow and consumption with real-time monitoring on the digital power meter.
240W Extended Power Range
The first USB-C extension cable with a power meter capable of 240W power delivery.
4K 60Hz Video
Supports video over USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode at up to 4K 60Hz.
Compatible with most USB-C devices. Actual performance depends on connected devices.
In The Box
|Item and Quantity||Item Notes|
|1x USB Type-C 1m Extension Cable|
|Port||Placement||Specification||Max Resolution and Refresh Rate||HDCP||Chipset|
|Cable End||Host Dependent||
3840x2160 @ 60Hz3840x2160 @ 60Hz
3840x1600 @ 60Hz
3440x1440 @ 60Hz
2560x1440 @ 60Hz
2560x1080 @ 60Hz
1920x1080 @ 60Hz
1600x900 @ 60Hz
1280x1024 @ 60Hz
1280x800 @ 60Hz
1280x720 @ 60Hz
1152x864 @ 60Hz
1024x768 @ 60Hz
800x600 @ 60Hz
640x480 @ 60Hz
Video Output Modes
|Host Stream Specification||Host Port Type||Number of Displays Used||Max Resolution at Display Count|
|USB-C||1||3840x2160 @ 60Hz|
Connection To Host
|Port||Placement||Version and Link Rate||Features|
|1x USB-C||Cable End||USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps)|
|Port Type (Side 1)||Cable Specification||Port Type (Side 2)||Cable Length||External Power for Cable|
|1x Male USB-C||USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps)||1x Female USB-C||1m/3.3ft||No|
When paired with a capable USB-C cable this USB-C extension cable is compatible with virtually all USB-C chargers, devices, and hosts, including support for USB 10Gbps, DisplayPort Alternate Mode video (up to 4K 60Hz), and up to 240W USB-C Power Delivery R3.1 EPR (Extended Power Range) charging. Not compatible with Intel Thunderbolt 3, 4, or USB4 devices.
How it works:
This USB-C extension cable with meter is a transparent interposer–it should not interfere with USB data, USB-C Alternate Mode video, or USB-C charging. The cable can be used in-line with USB-C docking stations, chargers, and other USB-C accessories. The cable is able to achieve this without interfering with normal USB-C operation as it only taps into the power (VBUS) and ground connections to measure values and leaves the data lines untouched.
The Plugable USB-C Extension Cable is bi-directional, however, typical usage will have the male side (without power meter display) connected to a charger for example, and the female end (with power meter display) will be connected to another USB-C to USB-C cable going to the device being charged.
Another common use case would be using this cable to provide easier access to a hard to reach USB-C port on the back of a desktop computer or docking station, extending the USB-C connection to a more convenient location and with the meter display easily viewable.
Ultimately which side is used for input or output does not matter. If current is flowing, the meter's display should turn on and show the approximate charge rate in watts.
- This USB-C extension cable with meter is not meant to replace professional USB-C test equipment, it is designed for quick/easy measurement of wattage for users of any skill level.
- Not compatible with Intel Thunderbolt 3, 4, or USB4 devices.
- Under normal circumstances the meter will not power on without a device connected (host, charger, accessory, etc) at both ends. If the meter turns on when only connected at one end, the attached device is "VBUS hot" which is against USB-C specifications.
Questions? We're here to help! Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Filter Help Articles and Frequent Questions by Category
Well how about that, it looks like we don't have any articles matching your filters! Try removing one of your choices or clear the filters to show all articles.
You can always contact support if you need help too!
What is USB-C Power Delivery R3.1 Extended Power Range (EPR)?
The new USB Power Delivery specifications allow for the delivery of up to 240W via a USB Type-C cable (an increase from the previous 100W max). The previous Power Delivery range has been relabeled as Standard Power Range (SPR), and the new specifications (between 100W and 240W), have been labeled as Extended Power Range (EPR).
For a more in-depth look feel free to check out our blog post on this topic here: https://plugable.com/blogs/news/what-is-240w-usb-extended-power-range-epr