The video below provides complete step-by-step instructions to get you started transferring.
Plugable USB 2.0 Windows Transfer Cable
List Price : $44.95
Amazon Rating : (5121 Reviews)
- EASILY TRANSFER—files and folders when upgrading from an older Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, or XP computer to a newer one. 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported. macOS and other operating systems are not compatible. Not compatible with Windows S Mode, or Windows Server editions
- INCLUDES SOFTWARE—A unique 16 character Product Key for Bravura Easy Computer Sync software is attached to the cable ($19.95 value). This software allows you to transfer your important files such as documents, music, pictures, videos and other data files
- NO NETWORK NEEDED—No size limits, and simpler than transfers by disk. Both PCs involved in the transfer must be fully functional, and have attached displays
- CUSTOM SYNCING—Supports custom file and folder syncing between two supported Windows computers, including drag and drop transfers. Does not transfer programs; they must be reinstalled from the original disks or downloaded files
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY—We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Plugable USB 2.0 Transfer Cable
Unlimited Use for Transferring Data
Our USB 2.0 Transfer Cables (USB-EASY-TRAN) give you the power to transfer your important files and data between two Windows PCs at a time. With convenient data transfer over USB 2.0, plug-and-play ease, and point-to-point simplicity and security, you can transfer your important files and data with confidence.
Featuring USB 2.0 High Speed “Type A” on both ends, and a Prolific PL-25A1 chipset, our Transfer Cables provide transferring without the storage limitations you’d find by using discs or drives.
A great solution for transferring files and folders when upgrading from an older Windows computer to a newer one, or for regular transfers. Provides unlimited use to transfer what you need, when you need. (Note: Programs cannot be transferred, and must be re-installed from the original discs or installation files.)
- All needed drivers for Windows 11, 10, 8.x, 7, Vista, and XP are included in the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software
- Compatible with 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows
- Compatible with active and passive USB extenders like our Plugable USB 2.0 and 3.0 extension cables (not included) for greater distances between PCs
- No support for macOS, or other operating systems
- Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface RT)
- Not compatible with Windows 10 S Mode
- Not compatible with Windows Server editions
Software and Product Key
- Bravura Easy Computer Sync software is included (a 19.95 retail value)
- A unique 16 character alphanumeric Product Key is included
- The transfer software must be run on each computer connected by the cable, and the same Product Key will work for both computers
In the Box
- A six-foot (2-meter) USB 2.0 Transfer Cable
- 16 character alphanumeric Product Key (printed on a tag and tied to the cable itself)
- A software installation disc (the software can also be downloaded from our website at no additional cost)
- A quick start guide
In The Box
|Item and Quantity||Item Notes|
|1x Six-foot (2-meter) USB 2.0 Transfer Cable|
|1x 16 character alphanumeric Product Key|
|1x Software installation disc|
|1x Quick Start Guide|
|Port||Placement||Power Host / Device||Connection Type||Notes||Voltage||Amperage||Wattage|
|USB-A to Host||Cable End||Host||Bus Powered (No Power Adapter)||0.0W|
Connection To Host
|Port||Placement||Version and Link Rate||Features|
|2x USB-A||Cable End||USB 2.0 (480Mbps)|
|Port Type (Side 1)||Cable Specification||Port Type (Side 2)||Cable Length||External Power for Cable|
|1x Male USB-A||USB 2.0 (480Mbps)||1x Male USB-A||2.0m/6.0ft||No|
- Install the software on both computers by using either the included software installation CD, or download the software for installation from the Download section on this page, or, click Here.
- Give both computers a restart to ensure the software installation process has finalized.
- Connect the Transfer Cable, and start the software on both computers to initiate the connection.
- At this point, you can register the software with the included 16 character Product Key.
- Now, pick the transfer mode you want to use and begin transferring.
Questions? We're here to help! Please reach out to us at email@example.com
Filter Help Articles and Frequent Questions by Category
Updating the Easy Computer Sync Software
The Bravura Easy Computer Sync software comes bundled with a software update tool. If you ever find yourself stuck on a "waiting for connection" on both of your screens it may be time to update the software.
For Windows 10 to check for updates, close Easy Computer Sync, then go to:
Start Menu > Programs > Easy Computer Sync > Get Updates
If an update is available the following download window will appear
For Windows 11 to check for updates, close Easy Computer Sync, then go to:
Start Menu > All apps > Easy Computer Sync > Get Updates
Also, assuming the “Automatically check for updates” option was selected during the installation, Easy Computer Sync will periodically check for updates each time it launches, and notify you if an update is available at the Welcome Screen.
I’ve installed the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software on both systems, and instead of starting the transfer process both systems say “Waiting for Connection” indefinitely. What’s going on, and how can I get the connection to work?
We can help!
First, we'd suggest to download and install the latest version of Bravura Easy Computer Sync. You can download the latest version of Easy Computer Sync from this link: Download Easy Computer Sync . This latest software version improves compatibility and stability, and should take care of any connection issues.
NOTE - The software on the disc is older than the download version, and will create a version mismatch and connection issues. We suggest to download and install the latest software on both computers for the best connection.
I downloaded and installed the latest software from the link above, but I'm still having trouble. What do I do?
Downloading and installing the latest software from the link above should take care of any connection issues. But, if you're still having trouble after that, give these steps a try:
- Give both computers a restart. This is a basic first step, but, it's always a good practice to restart your computer after installing software to allow the installation and changes to complete.
- Try plugging the cable into different ports on both computers, and let's swap the cable ends around as well to see if that gets the connection to go through.
- Running the program as an administrator. You can do this by right clicking the application, and choose Run as administrator. The transfer program grants direct access to files, so Windows User Account control may flag it, and keep it from running.
- Finally, if these steps don’t work, let’s try temporarily disabling any antivirus/firewall/security software on both computers. The software can definitely be re-enabled again, and if the connection works properly, you may need to just add an exception for the Transfer Software to your security program.
We hope this was helpful! Feel free to reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you still need help with the connection or have any questions and we'll be glad to help you!
Should I install the software before plugging in the cable, or the other way around?
The Bravura Easy Computer Sync software should be installed first. This is because it will copy the necessary driver files to your PC so they are ready to load when the cable is attached.
Be sure to download and install the latest version of the software from the link below Download Easy Computer Sync .
Will this transfer my programs and games?
Are Plugable Transfer Cables compatible with macOS?
No. Our Transfer Cables are not compatible with any macOS version, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, or any other operating systems. Our Transfer Cables are compatible with:
- Windows 11 and 10 - (Please note, this is not compatible with Windows S mode. Please see this official FAQ from Microsoft for more information: Official S mode FAQ)
- Windows 8.x
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
We hope this was helpful! Please reach out to us directly at: email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Does each computer need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse attached?
Our Transfer Cables and Bravura Easy Computer Sync software are designed for use with two monitors (one monitor, mouse and keyboard for each computer which is the most convenient) but, we realize this isn't always possible.
You can set up the transfer with one monitor, but you will need to either physically unplug and plug in each monitor, or switch over to a different input if your monitor supports this. Here's a basic summary of the steps you'll need to take to setup and perform transfers:
- Plug the Transfer Cable in between both computers.
- Connect one computer to the monitor, start the Easy Computer Sync software, and get the software to the point where it is waiting for the connection from the other computer.
- Unplug the current computer from the monitor, and plug the other one in. (Or, switch inputs over if your monitor supports it).
- Start the software on the other computer, and complete the connection.
- Once the connection is made between the computers you can control the transfer process from one computer.
We hope this was helpful. Feel free to reach out to us directly at: Support@plugable.com, if you have any further questions or concerns.
The Bravura Easy Computer Sync software is asking me for a Product Key. Where do I find my Product Key?
The Product Key is a 16-character alphanumeric code and is unique to each order. Since 12/01/2017, Product Keys are printed on a tag and are physically tied to the Transfer Cable itself like this:
Our Product Keys:
- Use letters A-F only
- Use the number zero 0, and not the letter O.
- Do not expire
- Can be used to register as many computers as you need
If you purchased your Transfer Cable before 12/01/2017, you should have received an email containing the Product Key. Please reach out to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your Amazon order number for help with your Product Key, or if you have any questions.
Is there a specific port that I should connect the cable to on either system?
Connecting to any open port will do. In situations where the transfer software cannot establish a connection between the two PCs, or is losing the connection mid-transfer, attaching the cable to a different port is a good troubleshooting step. On older PCs especially, we’ve found that trying the cable in another port (preferably on the rear of the computer if possible) can help resolve various issues.
My old computer won't turn on. Can I use this to transfer content to my new computer?
No. Computers must be in full working order to both install, and run the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software to perform transfers. We would suggest finding a local and trusted technician to see about data recovery if your computer cannot turn on.
My laptop turns on, but the screen is broken and I can't see anything. Can I still transfer?
Possibly. Are you able to to connect the laptop to an external monitor or TV with an HDMI or other compatible video cable and see your computer screen? If you can, it should be possible to transfer. Ultimately, it may be your best bet to take the computer to a trusted technician for further help, especially if this doesn't work.
Feel free to reach out to us directly at email@example.com with any questions or concerns, and we'll be glad to help you!
Using Easy Computer Sync to transfer data to a second drive on your new computer
Many recent computers combine a small, speedy solid-state drive (SSD) for system files with a larger, slower hard disk for data files. This can pose a problem when migrating from an older computer using the Plugable Windows Transfer cable because the data files and operating system files should go to two different drives. In some cases, even without an SSD, people want to put their data on a second drive separate from their system drive.
These scenarios are not well supported in the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software supplied with the Plugable Windows Easy Transfer cable. By default, Easy Computer Sync tries to transfer all the data from the main drive on the old computer to the main drive on the new computer. If the main drive on the new computer can’t hold all that data, an error message will complain that there is not enough space on the destination drive.
Otherwise the data will end up on the wrong drive. In this post, we will look at a method for getting your data stored where you want it on the new computer. I will assume the common scenario where all the user files are transferred to the second drive on the new computer. I will use a Windows XP computer as the old one, and a Windows 8.1 computer for the new one, but this will work with any combination of supported operating systems. With appropriate modifications, this same method can be used to select any collection of files or folders from any fixed disk on the old computer and send them to any location on any fixed disk on the new computer.
I’ll assume you have downloaded the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software, installed it on each computer, and entered your Product Key. If you haven’t, follow the Install Instructions section on this article.
Preparing the Old Computer:
1. Plug the Windows Transfer cable into each computer and start the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software. You will see the Welcome window.
2. On both computers, click Next twice until the screen says “Waiting for Connection.”
3. In a moment, the on-screen message should change to “Connection Detected.” If it doesn’t change within a minute or so, temporarily disable any anti-virus or firewall software and try again. If this doesn’t work, contact Plugable support for help.
4. After the connection is detected, Easy Computer Sync will display the Tools window. This is where you select the type of transfer you want to do. Since we are transferring files from an old computer to a new one, select Transfer Data to New Computer.
The Sync Files option is used when you want to send data back and forth between two computers on an ongoing basis. However, the technique mentioned here will work for the Sync Files function also. The Drag & Drop function is used for manually transferring individual files and folders.
5. Easy Computer Sync will display a list of user folders it wants to transfer to the main drive on your new computer. Although the user folders under the user name—such as My Documents and Pictures— are frequently accessed, the individual files they contain are infrequently accessed and should go to the second drive on your new computer. Unfortunately, the software will not allow you to change the transfer location in this window. If these folders are left in their currently selected state, they will go to the smaller SSD drive, which is the system drive (usually the C drive).
6. Since you don’t want these user folders on your SSD, clear the check mark next to each folder here, including the Public folder. In another window, you will individually select the destination disk and folder on your new computer for each user folder you see here
In the following Steps 7 through 17, we will select the destination for a single user folder on the old computer. This procedure must be repeated for each user folder you want to transfer from the Select Items to Transfer window. At the end of this post, I will show you how to make the newly transferred folders the default user folders on your new computer.
7. To make a gathering place for those folders on your new computer, start by creating a folder on the destination drive with your Windows user name. Do this before proceeding to the next step.
In this example, I want to transfer folders belonging to the user named “David” on the XP computer to a folder named “David” on the second drive of the new computer. So I use Windows Explorer to create a folder named “David” on that drive.
Setting up a folder for transfer to second drive of the new computer (repeat for each folder)
Do the Steps 8 through 17 for each user folder you want to transfer from those shown in the Select Items to Transfer window. You can also use this procedure to transfer other data folders on your old computer if you know where they are. In this example, I will transfer the My Documents and Desktop folders from the David user in the XP computer to folders I will create with the same names in the David folder on the second disk of the new computer. In real life, you will probably want to transfer all the folders shown under your user name in this window.
8. Click Add Folder
9. This opens a new window that shows drives on the old computer and the new computer. You can expand a drive and reveal its folders by clicking the + (plus) sign next to it.
10. Unfortunately, in this view Easy Computer Sync does not automatically show the user folders we want to transfer, such as Documents, Pictures, Desktop, Music, Videos, and the like. This is because they are located under Documents and Settings folder on the system disk in Windows XP or under Users in later Windows versions. Easy Computer Sync hides these folders to protect them. To display and transfer them, you have to make these protected folders visible. To do this, click Show Protected Folders at the lower-left
11. A confirmation window will appear. Click Yes.
12. Expand the local disk again by clicking the + (plus) sign
13. The User folders are now visible. Expand the Documents and Settings folder in Windows XP or the Users folder in later Windows versions to view them. Expand the folder of the user you are transferring (David in this example.)
14. In the left-side panel, highlight the folder on the old computer (such as My Documents) that you want to transfer. With it still highlighted, go to the right-side panel and expand the drive you want to transfer that folder to, and highlight the user name folder you made on that drive in Step 7.
15. Use the Create Folder function to create a new folder for the contents of the folder you are transferring. The new folder will be created under the one highlighted in the right-side panel.
16. Click Create Folder
17. A text entry box will appear. Type in the name of the folder and click OK.The new folder will be created in the Select Folders Window. Making sure both the source folder and the destination folder are highlighted, click OK in the Select Folders window to save this pair of folders.
The Select Folders Window will close and you will be returned to the Select Items to Transfer window, where you should see a check mark next to the name of the folder you just added.
18. Use the same procedure to add each folder you want to transfer. The screen shot below shows the Desktop folder being added
19. When finished adding each new folder to be transferred, click OK in the Select Folders window. After the final folder has been selected, make sure each folder you selected has a check mark next to it in the Select Items to Transfer window, as shown below. Make sure any folders you don’t want to be transferred are not checked. Easy Computer Sync will remember these settings for future transfers between the two computers.
20. When all is ready, click Next in the Select Items to Transfer window to start the transfer. The Transferring Files window will show a progress bar while the files are being transferred. This may take a long time for large amounts of data.
21. When the transfer is finished, the Finished window will be displayed, showing how many files were transferred.
22. Click View Log to see a detailed view of which files were transferred. This is useful if Easy Computer Sync reports some files not transferred. The log opens in Notepad as a text file, and can be saved from there.
This completes the procedure for transferring the user folders to your new computer. If you want to make those newly transferred folders your default user folders, follow the procedure below.
Changing your default user folders to the ones you transferred
After transferring your user folders to the second drive on your new computer, you may wish to set those folders as the default user folders in place of the original ones on your SSD drive. Windows and many programs automatically select the default folders as the save location for files. For example Word saves documents in the Documents folder. Photo programs like Picasa save photos in your Pictures folder. Many music programs save music in your Music folder. You change the default separately for each user folder. Please note that this will permanently alter your computer’s setup.
1. Open Explore, and navigate to the current default folder. Right-click and select Properties.
2. In the Properties Window, select the Location tab.
3. In the Location tab, edit the text box to show the location of the newly transferred folder. Clicking the Find Target… button will open another Explorer window where you can locate the target. Enter the location of that folder in the text box.
4. Click OK. You will be asked if you want to move your documents and other files from the current default folder to the new one. Click Yes here to consolidate all the files in one folder. A window will appear showing the transfer operation.
If you have any questions or issues following these instructions, please leave a comment on this post, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plugable Windows Transfer Cables—Downloading, Installing, and using the drivers and software
Plugable Windows Transfer Cables transfer files between computers using the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software. Your purchase of a cable includes a full license to this software, which manages the connection and transfer process and includes all needed drivers.
A Product Key is required to use the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software and is included with the Windows Transfer Cable (a $19.95 retail value). This Product Key is a 16-character alphanumeric code located on a tag attached to the cable. The key can be used for any number of computers.
If you purchased your Windows Transfer Cable before December 2017:
Windows Transfer Cables purchased before December 2017 do not have the Product Key attached to the cable. Customers who purchased their cable before December 2017 should have received an email containing their Product Key. If you are unable to locate this key and purchased your Windows Transfer Cable before December 2017, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
There are three common scenarios for using a Windows Transfer Cable:
- Upgrading to a new computer
- Transferring files back and forth between two computers on an ongoing basis (synchronizing)
- One-time transfer of a few files or folders
The Bravura Easy Sync software is used for each scenario. Instructions for each scenario are given below after the install instructions.
1. The first step, is to download and install the Easy Computer Sync software onto both computers. The download also includes and installs the most recent drivers for your Windows Transfer Cable.
2. After clicking the link above, you will typically see a dialog box like this:
3. Click Run. The Easy Computer Sync installer will download to your computer. After the download finishes, you will see another dialog box like this:
4. Again, click on Run to run the Easy Computer Sync installer. Now the installer will appear.
Typically, in each page of the installer, you should accept the default options and click Next, or the option similar to it. This installs the Easy Computer Sync on your computer, and starts it after the installer finishes.
During installation, you will be prompted for a Product Key for the Bravura software. This Product Key is a 16-character alphanumeric code located on a tag attached to the cable.
Note: Windows Transfer Cables purchased before December 2017 do not have the Product Key attached to the cable. Customers who purchased their cable before December 2017 should have received an email containing their Product Key. If you are unable to locate this key and purchased your Windows Transfer Cable before December 2017, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your Amazon order number.
Starting Easy Computer Sync
Once installed, there are three ways to start the Easy Computer Sync software:
- Double-click its icon on your desktop.
- In Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7, click on Start Menu > All Programs > Easy Computer Sync, and select “Easy Computer Sync,” or in the Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 Start menu, just type “Easy Computer Sync,” and click on it in the search results.
- Plug the Windows Transfer Cable into a USB port on your computer and select it from Autoplay menu if it appears:
Upgrading to a New Computer
1. Follow the instructions above to install the software on both the old computer and the new computer.
2. Plug the cable into a USB port on both computers. On Windows 8 and earlier computers, you may be prompted to start another program called Windows Easy Transfer in a window like the one below. Do not start Windows Easy Transfer. Instead, start the Easy Computer Sync software you just installed.
(If you don’t see this window when you plug in the cable, start Easy Computer Sync according to the instructions above. If a window asks you to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click Yes.)
3. Click Next on both computers until you reach a window that says “Waiting for connection.” When both computers are ready, this will change to “Connection Detected” and a new window will be displayed asking you to Select how you want to transfer data. Select, Transfer Data to New Computer. If the software is stuck on “Waiting for Connection” for more than a short time, please temporarily disable any antivirus and firewall software on your computer and try again.
4. You will be asked if this is your old or new computer. From your old computer, select This is my old computer. A window will appear asking you to select items to be transferred.
5. On the old computer, select the folders that contain the data you want to transfer to your new computer. You do not need to select anything on the new computer. Only the most commonly used folders are included by default. You can add more folders by clicking the Add Folder button. If your computer has a second drive or you want to customize your transfer beyond the default folders, you might find this blog post useful.
- Note: The Public Data option will transfer all items in your Shared/Public My Documents\Pictures\Music\Videos folders. Un-check this selection if you do not wish to transfer data from your Shared/Public folders.
- Tip: it is strongly recommended that you do not simply put a check mark in the “My Computer” selection, or the entire “C:” drive box below it. This will transfer a huge amount of unnecessary information to the new PC, wasting hard drive space and substantially increasing the time required for the transfer.
6. On the same window, click Options. For Transfer Files select Only to other computer. For If there is a conflict, select Make Copies. Click OK. The display will return to the previous window.
7. Click Next. The files in the folders you selected will be transferred to the new computer. On the final screen, you can click View Log to see a list of the transferred files.
Product Unboxing and Step-By-Step Instructions
Syncing Folders Between Two Computers
The Sync Files option lets you quickly select folders to synchronize between your computers.
1. After a connection between the two computers is established through the cable, the Select how you want to transfer data window will appear. Select Sync Files. The Select Folders to Synchronize window will appear.
2. Place a check mark next to the folders you would like to synchronize between the two computers. Please note, this will not only copy data from the first PC to the second, but also from the second PC to the first.
3. If you want to synchronize folders that are not in the list of default folders, select Add Folder. To show all non-hidden folders on the computer, select Show Protected Folders. See this blog post for more details on setting other folders and drives.
4. Click Options to set how duplicate files are handled. Information on these settings can be found here.
5. Click Next. The files in the folders you selected will be synced between the computers. On the final screen, you can click View Log to see a list of the transferred files.
One-time Transfer of a few files or folders
The Drag & Drop Files function allows you to transfer one or more manually selected files and folders to the second computer using a Windows File Explorer-style interface.
1. After a connection between the two computers is established through the cable, the Select how you want to transfer data window will appear. Select Drag & Drop files. The Simple File Transfer window will appear. This window has a menu section and four panes. The top-left pane shows the folders on the first computer (where you started Drag & Drop). The top-right pane shows the contents of the folder currently selected on the left. The bottom two panes show the same things for the second computer.
2. To see your user folders, such as Documents, Pictures, Music, and the like, click Show System Folders at the upper right of the menu section. They will appear in the folder pane under Users > Your_User_Name.
Tip:Please be aware that with the “Show System Folders” view enabled, you have access to copy data to and from protected folders on the drive. With great power comes great responsibility – be careful when transferring data via this method! Generally speaking, it is unlikely that you will need to move information to/from any of the “Program Files” or “Windows” folders, so it’s safest to ignore those folders unless you have a specific need to access them. Also, do not move any hidden folders under your User name unless you know exactly what you are doing. They could overwrite important information on the new computer.
Finding the information you want
Generally the most commonly transferred information is documents, pictures, music, and the like—the irreplaceable stuff. By default, most programs save this data in your User folders, a set of folders created by Windows for every user name on the system. The location of your User folders will differ depending on which version of Windows is on the system, and will (usually) share the same name as your Windows login.
- For Windows XP, the location will be: C:\Documents and Settings\Your_User_Name\My Documents\My Pictures, Music, Desktop, etc.
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, the location will be C:\Users\Your_User_Name\Documents, Pictures, Music, Desktop, etc.
If you have any problems using your transfer cable that isn’t answered here, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
How do I transfer my bookmarks/favorites from Edge, Chrome, or another browser?
You've transferred over our documents, pictures, videos, and other data files from your old computer to your new computer, but, your bookmarks/favorites didn't transfer over from Edge, or another browser.
We do need to make it clear that the Easy Computer Sync software can't directly access files from other programs. But we can get access to these important items and transfer them over!
You'll need to export your favorites from your Edge Browser into HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) files first, and then you can transfer them over to your new computer.
Exporting your Bookmarks and Favorites:
- With your Edge browser open, click the ellipsis (three dots) in the top right side of the browser which will open the browser options. Then, click on "Favorites"
- Now, we can see the favorites we have, and would like to export so we can transfer them over. Click the ellipsis in the Favorites Window which will give us the option to export
- Click on, "Export Favorites", which will get your favorites ready to export.
- Finally, choose the folder where you want to export the favorites. The file name will default to a Month/Date/Year format, so feel free to rename the HTML file to something else, and then click, "Save".
You've now exported your bookmarks and favorites to your computer, and can transfer them over to be imported on your new computer!
Click Here, to see our video of step-by-step instructions for setup and operation of our transfer cables if you need.
Importing your Bookmarks and Favorites
Importing your bookmarks and favorites is really easy to do as well. Let's go over to the new computer now, and get started! We're going to start out the same way we did to export the favorites:
- With your browser open, click the ellipsis in the top right side of the browser which will open browser options. Then, click on, "Favorites"
- Next, click on, "Import Favorites"
- Then, you'll get a drop-down menu, and you'll be able to choose where you want to import the data from. Select "Favorites or bookmarks HTML file", from the drop down menu, and then click "Choose File", which will open up a File Explorer window.
- Now, you'll be able to choose the favorites file we exported, and transferred over. Select the file in the folder, and click, "Open".
- Once the bookmarks are imported, we should get this message saying that it's, "All done!".
- Ok, we've imported our favorites into our new computer. But, let's check and make sure everything is there.
- Great! All the favorites we've imported are there, and now we can pick up where we left off with the old computer.
I use a different browser, what do I do?
The process for exporting and importing bookmarks should be relatively similar, if not the same across all browsers. Here are links to steps for some of the other major browsers to get you started:
We hope this was helpful! Feel free to reach out to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
I don't have a disc drive. How can I install the Easy Computer Sync transfer software?
As technology improves, modern computers are typically getting slimmer and lighter which is great! But, the tradeoff often is a computer without a disc drive. So, how do you install the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software without a disc drive? Don't worry, we've got you covered!
Download Bravura Easy Computer Sync
The Bravura Easy Computer Sync software can be downloaded and installed without the need for a disc drive. Click button below to go the driver page and download the latest software:
After downloading, open the archive folder, and double-click the setup file to begin installing. Be sure to install the software on both computers to complete the connection.
NOTE - The software available for download is a newer version than the one on the disc. We'd suggest to download and install the newer software on both computers as it improves compatibility, and, running different versions will lead to connection issues.
- Click Next, to continue
- Now, you can view the License Agreement. Take some time to read it over, then, click I Agree, when you're ready to continue
- Here you can choose the individual components of the installation and click next when you're ready to move on
- Click the button to Browse your computer, and pick the location to install the software. The default location is C:\Program Files (X86)Bravura\Easy Computer Sync\. Click Install, when you're ready to move on
- Click Finish, when the installation is complete, and then restart your computer to finalize the installation
We hope this was helpful! Feel free to reach out to us directly at: email@example.com if you have any further questions or concerns and we'll be glad to help you.
Can I use my Plugable Transfer Cable and software more then once?
- Transfer whenever you want
- Transfer as much data as your want
- Install the software on as many computers as you need
- Register those computers with your unique Product Key
Plugable USB Transfer Cables - Step-By-Step Instructions
So, you’ve purchased or received a new Windows computer? Awesome! But, you’ll need to transfer those important documents, pictures, videos, and other files, right? We can help!
We'll help you securely transfer your data with confidence!
Your data is important to you, and we want to help you securely transfer it with confidence. Our Plugable USB Transfer Cables give you the power to transfer files, drag & drop files, and sync files between two compatible Windows computers.
Available in both USB 2.0 (USB-EASY-TRAN), and USB 3.0 (USB3-TRAN), our Transfer Cables provide a direct USB to USB connection between two Windows computers at a time without the need of an internet connection.
Our Transfer Cables are compatible with: Windows 11, 10, 7, 8.x, Vista, and XP in both 32 and 64-bit versions. With that said, there are a few important details to note:
The Bravura Easy Computer Sync program cannot be downloaded or installed on computers that are in Windows 10 and Windows 11 “S Mode”. Most systems that come with this version of Windows allow you to switch to “Windows 10 and Windows 11 Home” at no cost, which is compatible. (For more information about Windows 10 S Mode, please see this official article from Microsoft: Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ)
Full programs must be installed using the original discs/installation files. Our Transfer Cables and software are great for transferring documents, music, pictures, videos and other data files, but will not move installed programs.
- Computers must be in proper working order to install and run the Bravura Easy Computer Sync Software. Computers that can only boot into Safe Mode, won't turn on, or are in other non-operational states will be unable to transfer. If your computer cannot boot properly we'd suggest reaching out to a local and trusted technician.
Your order includes everything you need!
Your Plugable Transfer Cable order includes everything you need to perform transfers. Below, is a video with a full set of step-by-step instructions showcasing the following topics. Please note, this video was produce before Windows 11 was released, so it is not mentioned. The setup and operational steps are still the same though, and will work for Windows 11.
- Product compatibility
- Product un-boxing and description of contents
- Full installation process of the Bravura Easy Sync software
- Steps to perform your first transfer
We give you the tools you need to transfer!
Our Plugable USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Transfer Cables provide you with the tools you need to transfer your documents, music, pictures, videos, and other files with confidence. Click here, to download the latest version of Bravura Easy Computer Sync.
We hope this was helpful! Please reach out to us directly with any questions or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is this compatible with Windows 11?
Our Plugable Transfer cables and Bravura Easy Computer Sync software are compatible with Windows 11.
Quick start info:
- Click here , to see our Product Overview video, and step-by-step instructions. (Please note, this video was produced before Windows 11 was released, so it is not mentioned. But, the setup and operational steps in the video will work for Windows 11.
- Install the latest version of Easy Computer Sync which you can find from our drivers page at this link: Easy Sync Software .
- You can use the same Product Key to register your new Windows 11 computer with no additional purchase necessary!
- Pick the transfer mode you want to use and start transferring!
We hope this was helpful! Feel free to reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Can I transfer my iTunes content?
Yes, you can!
But, please note that Bravura Easy Sync cannot directly access/communicate with iTunes software. iTunes music files can be transferred over just like any other files and should be in your main Music folder.
What about my Playlists? Can I transfer them too?
Yes, you can do that too!
But, Playlists must be exported into XML files first before transferring, which is easy to do! To do this, open iTunes and click:
File > Library > Export Playlist
Save the file in a good spot, and then use the Transfer Cable to transfer it over to the other computer.
Note - Click here , to see our Step-By-Step instructions if you need a refresher on transferring.
Here's an official article from Apple with further detail that you may want to review: Save a copy of your Playlists. After transferring the XML file to the new computer, start up iTunes and click:
File > Library > Import Playlist to import the file into your new/other computer
We hope this was helpful. Please reach out to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.