Plugable USB 3.0 5M (16ft) Extension Cable with Power Adapter and Back-Voltage Protection
$25.95 USDSKU: USB3-5M-D
Amazon Rating : (115 Reviews)
- 5 Meter (16 ft) USB 3.0 Extensions—Extend your computing power with our 5 Meter (16 ft) USB 3.0 Active Extension Cable
- Included 5V AC Power Supply—Ensures that your connected USB devices receive the power they need with full back-voltage protection
- Fast USB 3.0 Transfer Speeds—USB 3.0 transfer speeds (up to 5Gbps) with standard USB Type A male to Type A female connectors and power (up to 900mA)
- Wide Compatibility—With Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation, Xbox. Connect remote USB printers, scanners, keyboard and mouse, etc. and more
- 2 Year Warranty—We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
Plugable USB 3.0 5M (16ft) Extension Cable with AC Power Adapter and Back-Voltage Protection
Extend your computing power with our 5m (16ft) long USB 3.0 extension cable. The Plugable USB 3.0 Extension Cable (USB3-5M-D) is a premium USB 3.0 extension cable that is the same length as our popular Plugable USB2-5M USB 2.0 extension cable, with two major improvements:
- We've upgraded to USB 3.0 specifications to meet the performance and power requirements of complex USB 3.0 devices
- We've included a 5V AC power adapter which ensures clean data and power delivery
These upgrades help overcome the limitations of passive USB 2.0 extension cables. Plugable USB 3.0 extension cables are a great choice for extending the reach of complex USB devices!
Extend your reach
Plugable USB 3.0 extension cables are a great solution for many different needs. Here are some favorites from our users:
- Extending the reach of virtual reality (VR) headsets and sensors. Fully compatible with HTC Vive and Oculus Rift
- Setting up a comfy couch gaming setup that links your gaming console to all your USB gaming peripherals from across the room. Attach a Plugable USB hub to connect multiple USB devices over a single extension cable. Supports both Xbox and PlayStation controllers, headsets, mouse and keyboard and more
- Configuring the perfect placement for your USB webcam or USB audio microphone for streaming, video conferencing, voice acting, video blogging, audio recording, and much more
- Cleaning up a multi-monitor desk setup. Use our USB 3.0 extension cables to position our popular Plugable USB 3.0 multi-monitor docking stations like the Plugable UD-3900 up to 5m (16ft) away
The Plugable USB3-10M-D premium quality shielded USB 3.0 cable provides USB 3.0 performance (up to 640MB/sec) and power (up to 900mAh) up to 5m (16ft) away.
Our USB 3.0 extension cables can be actively powered with the included 5V 100-240V AC power adapter, so that your USB devices experience the best performance and stable power.
In The Box
|Item and Quantity||Item Notes|
|1x 5V AC Power Adapter|
USB To Devices
|Port||Placement||Version and Link Rate||Features||Voltage||Amperage||Wattage|
|2x USB-B (3.0)||Cable End||USB 3.0 (5Gbps)||5V||900mA||4.5W|
Connection To Host
|Port||Placement||Version and Link Rate||Features|
|1x USB-A||Cable End||USB 3.0 (5Gbps)|
|Port Type (Side 1)||Cable Specification||Port Type (Side 2)||Cable Length||External Power for Cable|
|1x Male USB-A||USB 3.0 (5Gbps)||1x Female USB-A||5.0m/16.0ft||Optional|
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. No special drivers required on any operating system
- Most gaming setups including, Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox. (Not recognized by Xbox Kinect v2 for Xbox One in our testing.)
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports. (Performance will be limited to USB 2.0 speeds.)
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices.
Not Compatible With:
- Augmented, Mixed, or Virtual Reality headsets/equipment. (Please see our USB3-10M-D instead.)
- Not recognized by some home theater appliances such as TVs, audio receivers, Blu-ray players, etc
- Not designed as a USB charger for devices like smartphones or tablets
- Not recommended for professional A/V equipment like cameras or digital audio workstations
- 5m (16ft) USB 3.0 Extension Cable
- 5V AC Power Adapter
Power Adapter Specification:
- INPUT: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.4A
- OUTPUT: 5V 2000mA
Plugable USB Extension Cable Comparison Chart:
This comparison chart looks at Plugable's line of USB Extension Cables across important categories to help you choose the one for your needs.
- Connect the USB-A plug into your host system
- If needed, connect the cable to an external power source using the included 5V AC adapter
- Connect the USB-A socket at the other end of the extension cord to whatever USB device you wish to connect.
Questions? We're here to help! Please reach out to us at email@example.com
Filter Help Articles and Frequent Questions by Category
Well how about that, it looks like we don't have any articles matching your filters! Try removing one of your choices or clear the filters to show all articles.
You can always contact support if you need help too!
USB Port Types
This is the standard USB connection that most computers offered prior to the introduction of USB Type-C (USB-C). Even after the introduction of USB Type-C, this is still quite common.
It can provide data transfer rates up to the USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 gbps) specification depending on the host and device, but does not directly support video in the way that USB-C Alternate Mode does. This limitation makes DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and docking stations ideal on systems that do not have USB-C, or in instances where more displays are needed beyond available video outputs of a PC.
This type of connection comes in a couple different styles depending on whether USB 3.0 and higher transfer rates are supported (bottom graphic). Usually this type of connection is used to plug into USB devices that do not have a fixed cable connected, such as USB docking stations, USB hubs, printers, and others.
One of the first connectors for charging a smartphone, wireless game controller (such as the Sixaxis and DualShock 3), and other small devices such as external hard drives. Not commonly used today, but is still used in some cases. Most devices using USB Mini B are using USB 2.0, though a USB 3.0 variant does exist. This specification also added USB On-The-Go (OTG) functionality, though it is more commonly implemented with Micro USB.
A smaller connector that serves many of the same uses as the Mini B connector, with added optional features such as Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) to allow devices like smartphones to output video to larger displays without requiring a dedicated port for video output.
The larger variant of USB-B is most commonly used for external hard drives for higher 5Gbps transfer rates.
USB-C, Thunderbolt™ 3, and Thunderbolt™ 4
The most recent USB connection, USB Type-C (USB-C), represents a major change in what USB can do. The connector is smaller, can be connected in two orientations, is able to carry substantially more power and data, and can directly carry video signals of multiple types (HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.) Intel has also adapted the USB-C connector for use with Thunderbolt 3 and Thunderbolt 4.
It is important to note that while all Thunderbolt 3 and Thunderbolt 4 connections are USB-C, not all USB-C connections can be used with Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 4 devices.
More details regarding physical USB connections can be found on Wikipedia . The graphics depicted here are adapted from Wikimedia Commons by various artists under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
Do Plugable products support the Apple SuperDrive?
Unfortunately Plugable products do not support the Apple SuperDrive.
The Apple SuperDrive has stringent power requirements that can only be met by directly connecting the SuperDrive to your host laptop. As a result at this time Apple recommends only using their USB-C adapter cables. You can find more information on that here -→ How to connect the Apple USB SuperDrive
If you have purchased a Plugable product to use with your Apple SuperDrive, and would like some additional assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. You can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or going to Plugable.com/Support.