- FAST GIGABIT SPEED – This USB C Ethernet adapter adds a wired Gigabit Ethernet port to your USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 systems. Faster and more reliable than Wi-Fi connections up to 1Gbps (10/100/1000 Mbps). Link and activity LEDs
- PLUG AND PLAY – RJ45 to USB-C cable offers automatic plug-and-play installation with no additional download needed on Windows 10, macOS, and ChromeOS. Powered by the Realtek RTL8153 chipset for proven, best-in-class compatibility
- SMALL AND FLEXIBLE – Small, lightweight Thunderbolt 3 to Ethernet adapter is perfect for travel and constructed with cutting edge materials including a flat, flexible printed circuit cable, providing durability while accommodating any workspace
- COMPATIBILITY – Great fit for USB-C Macbook Pro, Windows 10, and Dell XPS, fully compatible with Thunderbolt 3, MacBook Air and Windows 8.x, and 7 systems. Not compatible with gaming consoles or USB-C phones
The Plugable USB C Ethernet Adapter (USBC-TE1000) is a great choice for users to add gigabit Ethernet to their computer via USB-C. Boasting a Realtek RTL8153 chipset, this adapter is capable of speeds of 10/100/1000 for fast and steady Ethernet access. With driverless installation, the adapter is a perfect match for Windows, macOS and other systems where drivers must be approved to keep you connected.
Just plug the adapter into your computer and the adapter will be configured and ready for use. The compact size and form factor allows for easy transportation, and the ability to quickly use the adapter on another compatible device.
The adapter is equipped with a flat, printed circuit cable that allows for a small footprint and flexibility. The compact and easy to use flat profile enables the adapter to hug surfaces and take advantage of tight spaces. This means the cable itself is more sturdy and less prone to breakage from bending like traditional, round, copper cables
Please note, this adapter is NOT a solution for connecting USB devices like printers, hard drives, etc to a network. This adapter cannot be used to share Ethernet, WiFi, or Data between multiple devices.
Compatible with Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 Systems
macOS 10.14 Catalina and earlier
Microsoft Windows 10, 8.x, and 7
Supported on up-to-date ChromeOS systems
Gaming consoles from any manufacturer
Streaming devices from any manufacturer
Q: Will this work on my Switch console?
A: No. This is not compatible for use with Switch, or gaming consoles from any manufacturer
Q: Will this work on my smartphone or tablet?
A: No. This adapter is not compatible for use with Android, iOS, or other mobile platforms
Q: What do the green and orange LED’s on the Plugable USBC-TE1000 indicate?
A: The green link LED on the Plugable USBC-TE1000 is an indication that the Ethernet cable plugged into the adapter is active, and will stay on as long as Ethernet Cable is plugged in. The blinking orange activity LED indicates that data is transferring through the adapter. These LEDs will not light up when:
1. The adapter is not receiving enough power because it is plugged into a port that does not provide the required 900mA (max) of power.
2. The Ethernet Cable plugged in is not live or is faulty.
3. The adapter has failed.
Q: What about my TV and Streaming device?
A: No. This adapter is not compatible for use with TV’s or Streaming devices