Plugable USB 3.0 5M (16ft) Extension Cable with Power Adapter and Back-Voltage Protection
The USB3-5M-D extension cable provides your high performance USB 3.0 peripherals with the bandwidth (up to 5Gbps) and power (up to 900mA) they need, without the length limitations of passive USB 3.0 cables. Premium quality, shielded cable is ideal for connecting your high-bandwidth USB 3.0 devices such as hard drives/flash drives/SSDs, SuperSpeed hubs, and USB graphics adapters/docking stations to your system up to 5m/16′ away.
Our premium quality, shielded USB 3.0 extension cables are actively powered with included 5V AC power adapter to maximize performance and minimize voltage drop over longer cable runs. USB Type-A male connector to USB Type-A female connector ensures maximum compatibility with your USB devices. Back-voltage protection makes sure that your USB host device is safe.
Native compatibility with Windows, Mac, and Linux utilizing USB hub drivers built-in to all modern operating systems. No special drivers required for the cable (while the attached peripheral will need drivers as it normally would).
Compatible with the vast majority of USB 3.0 peripherals including Plugable’s lineup of DisplayLink-based USB graphics adapters and docking stations and HDD/SSD drive enclosures as well as most USB gaming peripherals for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation and XBox.
Functions as a one-port USB hub using built-in drivers and in-line repeater. Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices.
Our 5m USB 3.0 extension cable (USB3-5M-D) uses an ASMedia 1465 repeater chipset. The 10m USB 3.0 extension cable (USB3-10M-D) is similar but instead uses the VIA VL813 chipset.
- Not compatible with XBox Kinect v2 for XBox One
- Not compatible with VR setups. We would instead suggest our USB3-10M-D Extension Cable for compatibility
- Compatibility will be mixed on home theater devices such as TVs, audio receivers, Blu-ray players, etc, as most of these devices lack support for USB hubs
- Not designed as a USB charger for devices like smartphones or tablets
- Not recommended for professional A/V equipment like cameras or digital audio workstations
- Not recommended for use with USB wifi adapters, Bluetooth adapters, wireless mouse/keyboard dongles, or any other devices which operate in the same 2.4Ghz spectrum as USB 3.0
In the Box
- 5M (16ft) USB 3.0 Extension Cable
- 5V AC Power Adapter
- Q. My Virtual or Mixed Reality Headset or Accessories are not working with the extension cable, what can I do?
- A. Sorry to hear about the trouble! Please feel free to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ve tested the Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset with this extension cable, and confirm it does not work. This seems to be due to an incompatibility with the ASMedia 1465 repeater chipset used. We have however, tested this headset with our USB3-10M-D extension cable (using a VIA VL813 chipset), and have found that the software and headset work. For further details on compatibility with the 10M version, please visit the product page at the following link: USB3-10M-D.
Where to Buy