- “This is an excellent USB 3.0 ExpressCard. It comes with a USB 2.0 power cable, LED indicator light when it is powered, and a relatively easy to use driver install CD.” – L.O.
- Upgrade your laptop to SuperSpeed USB 3.0 via any available ExpressCard slot
- Provides 2 ports, compatible with all USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 compatible devices.
- Market leading NEC µPD720200 chipset and USB 3.0 host software stack
- Fully compliant with USB 3.0 revision 1 and Intel xHCI rev 0.96 specifications
- Can power a single high-power USB 3.0 device with supplemental power cord (included)
Upgrade your existing Windows 7, Vista, or XP laptop to SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connectivity. SuperSpeed USB 3.0 supports theoretical speeds up to 5 Gbps. NEC/Renesas drivers on disk for Windows 7, Vista, and XP (32 and 64 bit). Card extends about 1.5 inches outside of laptop’s ExpressCard slot. Note that a standard ExpressCard slot is required – will not work with older PCMCIA/PC Card/CardBus laptop slots. Works with all self-powered USB devices (those with their own AC adapter). For bus-powered devices, gets 5V USB power from supplemental USB 2.0 power cord (included). This provides enough power for one bus powered 500mA USB 3.0 device. To connect two high-power devices which draw from the USB bus, we recommend a powered USB 3.0 hub. INCLUDED IN PACKAGE: ExpressCard adapter, USB 2.0 supplemental power adapter, NEC/Renesas driver disk. Visit plugable.com for more information and tips for making the most of your Plugable 2 Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Express Card Adapter (NEC/Renesas Chipset).
- Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (all versions)
- Linux kernels 2.6.31. and later
See our Renesas USB 3.0 Drivers page for details and links